'not allowed' error on network access ......RaspPi v1 v RasPi v2

• I run two RaspPis one v1 and the other v3, used as media streamers from my windows 10 mediaserver. With the v1 Pi I get a 'not allowed' error when trying to access files on my media server but not with the v3 Pi. The same thing happened when the v1was running openelec, starting a couple of months ago.Is this a known problem with the v1 Pi. Is there any work around or solution? This is not a network problem, as the PVR running on the mediaserver runs perfectly through both RaspPis

• Official Post

Win10 (which has been updated by MS to disable gues/anon access) is using SMB3 with authenticated access. You need to use LE 8.2.3 and you need to configure Kodi to use a user/pass when connnecting to the WIn10 shares. If you don't authenticate; access is not allowed to the shares. It's a well known problem with people who don't read release notes.

• tried this. Running LE 8.2.3 - enabled Samba authorisation in LE- put in W10 id and password. Same result 'operation not permitted' when I try to set up Samba share. ID and password work fine when accessing share from Windows machine. You say 'configure Kodi to use user/pass' but I can't see how to change Kodi config as (opposed to LE config). Help!!!