Network problems, cannot access windows network

• I have been using Libreelec for several months without this problem. I recently lost my 905 box (long story), so I've started afresh.

Everything is fine except that when I try to add a source by browsing my windows network it never finds anything. Manually adding the pc ip address fails too with "Invalid argument" or "operation not allowed".

I know the network is fine, and I can access the 905 from any windows PC.

I must have overlooked something obvious, can anyone help please?

• I highly guess you have the obvious SMB2/3 problem many ppl have.

Please try to add a source via the "add network location" section and do NOT use "Windows network" after browsing for the source.

The "add network location" has the option to use SMB as well, which should be selected. Then enter the specific credentials, such as IP adress, username and password for the share (yes, it needs a username and password. Anonymous login is not supported anymore). If you are not sure, how the share is named open a terminal window on your Windows machine and enter net share. Then it will list the specific shares and its paths to it.

The problem you can´t find/see your Windows share using the "Windows network" for browsing for sources is, that this is a SMB1 feature, which is not supported for SMB2/3. We (LibreELEC) default to SMB2/3 because SMB1 is pretty vulnerable and should only be used for a 'last resort-solution.