Does this dvb s2 tuner work?

• @trsqr

can you do "the trick" for Terratec's too ?

it connects as

m88ds3103 5-0068: Unknown device. Chip_id=52

what info do you need else ?

lsusb ?

my exchange limit for the Terratec ends at 22.03.2018 ...

@maverick757

scratch my scratch from #70 at first !

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7 (March 14, 2018 at 8:44 PM).

• @CvH

thx for quick support !!!!!!

log: X92

box didn't crash !

tvheadend doesn't show a device.

chip_id is changed

from log #58: m88ds3103 5-0068: Unknown device. Chip_id=52

now:                ... Chip_id=7f

• its likely not working but we would do a step forward, dmesg | paste is needed

In any case, trying out the build CvH pointed out could give us a bit more information.

Yes indeed it failed. here is the output Xji

Also tvheadend did not recognize any DVB Inputs

(Steps followed: Installed the img pointed out by CvH, updated, activated Hauppauge Driver, Restarted, and Installed Tvheadend from zip file)

the strange thing is that now it does not report any error. Only no frontend attached.

I hope that helps. Regards.

• However, extracting the firmware would probably need some USB capture (I do that using USBlyzer software usually) of a Windows system at the time of device plug in. And some analysis of the capture of course...

trsqr Ok I don't know much about this but here is a file generated after enabling capture hot-plugged in USBlyzer software

tt-4600.zip

If you need an analysis using some specific settings for the software just guide me through it and I will do it.

Of course these info are important I guess:

USB properties:

PnP Properties

Device stack:

279019664.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by Softlander (March 15, 2018 at 6:40 AM).

• Yes indeed it failed. here is the output Xji

Also tvheadend did not recognize any DVB Inputs

Unfortunately that doesn't take us very far. No additional debug was printed. I'm not sure if there's any way to activate the kernel module debugging in LE. CvH, any idea? I'm talking about the dynamic debugging feature that can be activated with something like this:

Code
    echo -n '*m88ds3103* +pmf' > <debugfs path>/dynamic_debug/control 

But that needs to be done before the module is loaded.

Also, the USB capture unfortunately doesn't contain anything. Can you do it like this:

1. Start USBlyzer with the device unplugged

2. Check the "Capture hot plugged" option on the Capture menu.

3. Start capture.

4. Plug the device.

5. Wait 10-15 seconds.

6. Start watching a channel using any software.

7. Stop the capture as soon as you see a picture (the quicker the better - the file will grow very fast).

Thanks!

• after reboot and dmesg | paste as usual

here you go Xn3 . I have also double checked that the file dvb.conf has been created with correct code after reboot. there is some change in the output, I hope that helps.

6. Start watching a channel using any software.

7. Stop the capture as soon as you see a picture (the quicker the better - the file will grow very fast).

Is it necessary to start a channel because I have no access now to any satellite signal. I will do it and give you a feedback immediately but setting up the LNB on my roof is going to take a while. sorry for that:P

• Is it necessary to start a channel because I have no access now to any satellite signal. I will do it and give you a feedback immediately but setting up the LNB on my roof is going to take a while. sorry for that:P

Probably not. The thing is, some drivers only load the firmware at the point where you try to use the device for the first time. But, you don't need to connect the LNB or anythign - you could just try to tune or scan even without any antenna cable connected. That should be enough.

• currently not yet an idea how to activate the logging

I'm just an dam'ol' user, no developer, but -IFAIK- m88ds3103 has no parameter (modinfo m88ds3103)

maybe dvb-core could do the job ?

modinfo dvb-core:

parm: frontend_debug:Turn on/off frontend core debugging (default:off). (int)

parm: dvb_shutdown_timeout:wait <shutdown_timeout> seconds after close() before suspending hardware (int)

parm: dvb_force_auto_inversion:0: normal (default), 1: INVERSION_AUTO forced always (int)

parm: dvb_override_tune_delay:0: normal (default), >0 => delay in milliseconds to wait for lock after a tune attempt (int)

parm: dvb_powerdown_on_sleep:0: do not power down, 1: turn LNB voltage off on sleep (default) (int)

parm: dvb_mfe_wait_time:Wait up to <mfe_wait_time> seconds on open() for multi-frontend to become available (default:5 seconds) (int)

parm: cam_debug:enable verbose debug messages (int)

parm: dvb_demux_tscheck:enable transport stream continuity and TEI check (int)

parm: dvb_demux_speedcheck:enable transport stream speed check (int)

parm: dvb_demux_feed_err_pkts:when set to 0, drop packets with the TEI bit set (1 by default) (int)

parm: debug:Turn on/off debugging (default:off). (int)

parm: dvbdev_debug:Turn on/off device debugging (default:off). (int)