S905x support, what is needed?

• not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I try to flash twrp I get a E: footer error or something like that and something not signed, nexbox a5 s905x... I was link a to a post to install libre on my device and said to install twrp, is it needed

• Hi
    this image is compatible only with 2 gb ram devices ?or it works also with 1gb ram devices ?
    thanks

Just for the 2GB models. But you can download this file and rename it to dtb.img, then unzip LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g.zip and replace the dtb.img with the one you just downloaded, then zip it back up.

The dtb.img is the device tree file.
    [hr]

not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I try to flash twrp I get a E: footer error or something like that and something not signed, nexbox a5 s905x... I was link a to a post to install libre on my device and said to install twrp, is it needed

This is the TWRP recovery for the Nexbox A5. To install, rename the file recovery.img and place it onto a sd card then put it into the box. Hold the reset button while powering on the device and it will boot into TWRP. You can install TWRP to the Nexbox A5's recovery by going to install, selecting "image" instead of zip, and flashing it to "recovery".

Edited once, last by pingu (October 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM).

• Is there anything more to do than raw-writing the image on a SD for the V88 Pro to boot on it ? Mine always boots to Android OS

best regards

Place any zip file on the SD card and use the Backup & Restore tool to force the reset into recovery mode.

See some screenshot there, but remember that you only need a dummy zip

After 2 reboots the system is working, except for the remote control.

I have followed the instructions to update the config without success.

I see some errors in my dmesg but I don't know how fix it.

Code
    [   22.095206@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.435852@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.891726@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.183017@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.441370@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.732678@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   24.353422@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc

Edited once, last by CGarces (October 10, 2016 at 4:09 PM).

• Place any zip file on the SD card and use the Backup & Restore tool to force the reset into recovery mode.

I have followed the instructions to update the config without success.

I see some errors in my dmesg but I don't know how fix it.

Code
    [   22.095206@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.435852@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.891726@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.183017@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.441370@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.732678@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   24.353422@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc

Can you try this. Rename this file to remote.conf and place it in /storage/.config and reboot or run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf. your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc and have accordingly attached the file. Best of luck(hope it works, fingers crossed) :)

• Can you try this. Rename this file to remote.conf and place it in /storage/.config and reboot or run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf. your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc and have accordingly attached the file. Best of luck(hope it works, fingers crossed) :)

With you file some keys works... but the mapping is wrong.
    For example OK key mute the volume or key "6" is vol+

What means "your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc"? can I get some information from my current android firmware?

• With you file some keys works... but the mapping is wrong.
    For example OK key mute the volume or key "6" is vol+

What means "your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc"? can I get some information from my current android firmware?

could you try installing the keymap editor addon and try to remap the keys according to your preference. it is very simple to use. hope this helps. I had similar problem with mini M8S-II and the following post on the wetek forum helped me in creating a custom remote.conf for my box.

Press any key in your ir control and directly ssh (dmesg -c) in the ssh terminal
    You will get something like this (wrong custom code is 0xXXYYZZZZ)
    If you didn't get this message ,that's mean that your remote control don't support NEC ir protocol try another one
    Write down this code because you will use it later

now open the remote.conf of ur android firmware

1- Change the factory code with this 0xZZZZ0001 (ZZZZ is the factory code)
    (ZZZZ is the digits you have got from the ssh above)
    For example if you get in the dmesg
    wrong custom code is 0x14fg76ad
    So your code should be 0x76ad0001

2- Delete all the lines between Key_begin and key_end
    Don't delete key_begin and key_end lines

3- now the hard work time
    In this step you have to lead each key in your remote (or you can program only the major function keys) to be understood from wetek
    Wetek cross the commands with dictionary
    Usually each command have a number
    You can find the command number in this file:
    https://github.com/torvalds/linux/bl.../linux/input.h

For example volume up command number is 115

Now press the key you want to program it and directly ssh dmesg -c you will find something like this 0xXXYYZZZZ

Now between key_begin and key_end lines write this
    0xYY 115 ;volumeup

(The YY is the 5th and 6th digits)
    And only space between 0xYY and the command number

You should write like the last command line for each key in your ir remote)
    and it should be between Key_begin and key_end lines

At last save the file (which exist in ./config folder)
    And reboot your wetek and it sould be working

you can test the file without rebooting with this command

remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf

Edited once, last by TNS (October 10, 2016 at 6:46 PM).

• Can you try this. Rename this file to remote.conf and place it in /storage/.config and reboot or run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf. your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc and have accordingly attached the file. Best of luck(hope it works, fingers crossed) :)

Ok fixed, thanks for your file that I have used as reference to do a merge.

remote.conf.txt is the one that I'm using right now and remote.stock.txt the original one from Android firmware.

The key mapping was inside a custom_begin structure... I have removed also the second custom_begin part.

Note that I don't know exactly the meaning of that structure but it just works for me.

Fell free to improve my merge with any comment about the second custom_begin

• Please search: LibreELEC

If you take a look at the link I posted It explains how to get "Docker" working with LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Odroid C2.

As a huge part of this build has been ported over from Odroid C2 (aarch64 platform) that guide does show you what needs to be done to get Docker working.

AuFS support has been enabled which is an alternative to the overlay storage driver and is much faster than vfs.

The faster overlay storage driver requires kernel version 3.18 or higher. But it can be replaced with AuFS so it works with older kernels.

Edited once, last by pingu (October 11, 2016 at 3:48 AM).

• This was more a request to keep discussion in relevant thread.

My builds have not been ported from Odroid C2. The fact that it is the same platform only means that I was able to get Kodi working easier thanks to C2 build. Other then that I spend countless sleepless nights on hardware enablement, I don't consider my builds a port.

That said I have no immediate plans to make Docker work, there are more important things to do - like Krypton builds.

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 11, 2016 at 8:06 AM).

• Place any zip file on the SD card and use the Backup & Restore tool to force the reset into recovery mode.

thanks for the tip.

but what do you mean by "after 2 reboots the system is working" ? Once in recovery mode, you swap SD with an LE-written one ?

• thanks for the tip.

but what do you mean by "after 2 reboots the system is working" ? Once in recovery mode, you swap SD with an LE-written one ?

You don't need to swap the SD. The SD that contains the dummy ZIP must be the same that contains LibreELEC.
    After enter in the recovery you don't need to touch anything. "after 2 reboots" means that LibreELEC installer will reboot again to do some operations.

• You don't need to swap the SD. The SD that contains the dummy ZIP must be the same that contains LibreELEC.
    After enter in the recovery you don't need to touch anything. "after 2 reboots" means that LibreELEC installer will reboot again to do some operations.

thanks for the clarification, i'm going to test at the end of the week

• Hi,

Is there any reason my Riitek mini keyboard cant wake my M8S Mini II from standby after pressing the power button? I have the same issue in both Android and LibreELEC, I have a feeling using the power button on the keyboard actually powers down the device, the LED goes out rather than red...

The other boxes I have wake up when pressing the power button on the keyboard....

Not the worst issue but an annoying one none the less, any ideas ?

TIA,
    Me.

• Thanks to the nice work of kszaq, I was able to run LibreElec on my SCISHION V88 PRO which was delivered today. I use LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img with gxl_p212_1g.dtb as dtb.img and get it on the box with the 2nd recovery method. There are two issues i can figure out until know. The front LED don't get hight on bootup and the remote don't work. For a working remote, I write the attached remote.cfg. I hope this help someone.

Maybe some buttons should get better commands but every button is listed.
    To make this work, copy the code in /storage/.config/remote.conf and run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Greets

• Thanks to the nice work of kszaq, I was able to run LibreElec on my SCISHION V88 PRO which was delivered today. I use LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img with gxl_p212_1g.dtb as dtb.img and get it on the box with the 2nd recovery method. There are two issues i can figure out until know. The front LED don't get hight on bootup and the remote don't work. For a working remote, I write the attached remote.cfg.

On S905x you don't need to change the dtb.img

S905X only: Keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card.

BTW looks like you miss some previous posts.

Looks like SCISHION V88 PRO will be very popular on the forum.

Maybe we must open a specific thread for this device and leave this thread for issues related to S905x build & development.