I have installed LE on a Audiophonics RaspDAC and I love it! But I could not manage to get the nice display to work (Yes, I have read many posts, installed both addons, carefully edited the lcd.conf etc....). Then I installed Raspbian (Max2Play!) and compiled and installed LCDproc from Github (following those instructions) and, voila, it worked wonderful!
My conclusion is that at Github there is a newer version of the LCDproc than LE has. And when I look at the change-log I see some enhancements concerning the WINSTAR WEH001602 ....
So may I ask if it is possible to get an updated LCD add-on from LE for Raspberry 3 (or at least the hd44780.so) ?
v0.5dev (ongoing development)
- [added] WINSTAR WEH001602A font bank 1 charmap and font bank selector
- [fixed] HD44780: turn off display during initialization to not show garbage
- [added] HD44780: support almost compatible WINSTAR OLED displays
- [added] HD44780: support internal backlight mode of modern controllers
- [removed] scripts/debian (Debian files in script directory are outdated · Issue #39 · lcdproc/lcdproc · GitHub)
- [fixed] spurious (direct) dependencies of ftdi drivers on libusb
- [API] now drivers need to include "shared/report.h" instead of "report.h"
- [fixed] autorotate setting - the old code was likely broken on most systems
- [fixed] As default always use nanosleep() for delays
- [fixed] Use libftdi1 if it is available instead of obsolete libftdi
- [fixed] Make SEAMLESS_HBARS feature selectable by the drivers individually
- [added] hd44780-gpio now supports dual controller displays
- [added] percent glyph to 14-segment font
- [fixed] Make display update interval selectable from LCDd.conf
- [fixed] Move --enable-permissive-menu-goto from configure to LCDd.conf
- [fixed] Segfault in LL_Find() on empty list
- [fixed] Add C99 (Move on to C99 · Issue #81 · lcdproc/lcdproc · GitHub)
- [added] Add Portwell EZIO-100 and EZIO-300 support to serial HD44780 driver
- [fixed] Removed stale variable in hd44780-i2c.c
- [fixed] Removed stale screen_add_key_func
- [fixed] Removed stale screen_del_key_func
- [added] Add driver for the Futaba TOSD-5711BB VFDisplay on Elonex Artisan/Scaleo/FIC Spectra Media Centre PCs