LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• Update to S905 LE v8.2.4.2 - there is a seperate thread for this in the forum.

Then follow the post above....

LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

Follow the linked CE guide in that post and nothing else when using the new OpenVFD Addon.

To help people out, SSH login to LibreELEC then:

Code
    wget https://github.com/arthur-liberman/vfd-configurations/blob/master/-->whichever.file.conf -O /storage/.kodi/.config/vfd.conf

Hi,

thanks for reply, could you please help me find AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64) (Amlogic) compatibile version of LE v8.2.4.2 and how to update ?

Thanks

• chessplayer

I see. It has an identical display to a box I have Abox A1 Max (or A95X R2).
    If you manage to get a hold of the stock rom/firmware for the box let me know, and I'll see if I can extract the info out of it.
    I'm coming up empty.

Hi, The Coolest ,

I am just now checking back here and I am impressed by the progress you have made. So, I was interested whether a configuration for my ANTSIR box is now available and from the above answer you gave me im March, I thought I would need this configuration. So, I followed the instructions on the CoreELEC Forum, but unfortunately nothing shows up on my front panel.

Should I have used a different config?

Cheers,

chessplayer

• Hi, The Coolest ,

I am just now checking back here and I am impressed by the progress you have made. So, I was interested whether a configuration for my ANTSIR box is now available and from the above answer you gave me im March, I thought I would need this configuration. So, I followed the instructions on the CoreELEC Forum, but unfortunately nothing shows up on my front panel.

Should I have used a different config?

Cheers,

chessplayer

I'm sorry to say, but I had to give up.

The DTB doesn't have the configuration, nor does it even say what type of controller the box has.

Without source code from that box there's no way for me to add support for it.

It's possible that it's a rebranded A95X R2 (like my box).

So my suggestion would be to use the a95x r2 dtb + the a95x r2 vfd.conf file, and see if that gets you anywhere. The a95x r2 vfd.conf needs that specific dtb, otherwise it won't work.

• I'm sorry to say, but I had to give up.

The DTB doesn't have the configuration, nor does it even say what type of controller the box has.

Without source code from that box there's no way for me to add support for it.

It's possible that it's a rebranded A95X R2 (like my box).

So my suggestion would be to use the a95x r2 dtb + the a95x r2 vfd.conf file, and see if that gets you anywhere. The a95x r2 vfd.conf needs that specific dtb, otherwise it won't work.

Holy sh1t, man, that works! :thumbup::):love: Although my box (allegedly) has a S905X architecture, the dtb for the a95x r2 (which, judging by the filename, is a S905W) did the trick (see attached photo). Obviously, I now have to check all the other stuff, but this is really nice work, thank you very much!

Cheers,

chessplayer

• chessplayer

Nice! Glad to see that it works.

S905W and S905X are pretty similar (the W is a cut down version of the X), so the dtb should work just fine in most cases.

As long as everything works fine on your box, such as LAN, wifi, and you don't experience any issues, you should be ok with this DTB.

I'm almost positive that these boxes use a common design, only different SoCs.

The positions of all the ports seems to be identical, and the A95X R2 also has a front button on the inside that is not exposed on the plastic casing.

• Yes, I am aware of the similarity between W and X, the only issue with the actual Ws is that I at least had to deactivate interlacing in order for the picture to be displayed properly. What is interesting is that originally I had to use the slowemmc DTB. Also, there is one issue, namely the remote does not work now, not even with the original remote.conf of the box. But that is not really a problem since I tend to use either the mini keyboard or Yatse.

• wrxtasy , thanks for posting this. This actually worked for me with my ANTSIR box as well (for the moment, I like to stick with Krypton) since I use a MySQL database to sync all my watched states and so on.

So, I thank both you and The Coolest for the great work and making the first of these boxes I ever got much more useful now!

• Dioes anyone here know which vfd conf file I need to fix the front display showing "boot" when running LE 8.2.4.1 with my Tanix TX9 Pro box (looks the same spec as the TX92) using the latest gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb file (that is the only dtb that works 100% with this TX9 box) . I would dearly love to have either the display blanked or better just diplaying dots so you can see the box is powered on, or even saying "kodi" would be nice, whenever booted into LE.

I dont want to reinvent the wheel if there is a suitable file already available. Else I would have to go through a steep learning curve to try to write my own vfd conf file and then find the spare time. I may well try this if there is no suitable file availabel already