Question about Kodi and Dolby Atmos Audio Support?

• Using install from

"[8.90.4] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices"'
    With the Minix U9-H

I have passthrough enabled of all the different Audio types, like DTS HD, True HD etc.. And I see the signal on my receiver so thats working I guess.
    However something still leaves me wondering about one of the sound options. "Sound Output"

There is only 5.1, 7.1 etc.. But no output mode that says 5.1.2 / 5.1.4 / 7.1.2 / 7.1.4 ...

So... is that unnecessary then?? Because to me it seems like it doesn't really support dolby atmos at al... :(

• For me dolby atmos work and is displayed by avr - but alpha versions are not stable - I went back to 8.2.x.x

What problems were you having with the alpha?

And when you say it works. What sound output have you set in Kodi? 5.1? 7.1? and youre telling me it works good regardless it is nog 5.1.2 / 7.1.2 etc?
    How did you test it works? seeing the OSD on the receiver? and or actually listening if the sound placement is correct in movies?

• In kodi I set only passthrough - no 5.1 or 7.1

Yes, it works - checked with my ears :)

The pre aplha version is not stable yet - box need a lot of reboots after viewing any video - Version 8.9.x.x is just for testing

I will use the stable Version until Release stable LE 9.

BTW:

My best box is apple 4k tv running MrMc <3

• Ok. well i hope that is true. Im always super antsy and skeptical because i have encounterd too many bugs in my life lol

So you didn't change Kodi Sound output? but then it's only at 2.0

Can anyone clarify?
    Because that doesn't seem right...

I don't have my atmos speakers yet unfortunately hopefully within the next 5 months.

• You don't need to change the Sound output from 2.0 when you enable Passthrough.

The point of passthrough is that audio is passed through the device and out to the receiver as digital data, no processing takes place in LE/Kodi.

I think I read that you actually should keep it at 2.0 to prevent any extra processing, but I could be wrong about this.

• I don't have my atmos speakers yet unfortunately hopefully within the next 5 months.

Why do you worry about right now? You have 5 month to do something else... :)

(If you have any multichannel PCM audio track or multichannel flac file then you can change the audio output to 7.1)