LE 8.2.3 crashes when using internal SATA optical drive

• Hi,

I'm experiencing crashes with latest LE (8.2.3). I own a Gigabyte motherboard with integrated J3455 CPU (model GA-J3455N-D3H), and installed Libreelec (latest official 8.2.3). System runs ok with the exception of this:

I have a problem with the use of an internal optical disc (sata blu-ray drive). It makes the system crash every time. Kodi hangs when the disc is recognized. Sometimes, I manage to play the disc (rarely). But the drive cannot be opened after I stop the movie. And Kodi hangs when I try to reboot.

I've tried another internal sata blu-ray drive (full 5.25" drive), and the system hangs even without any disk with this one.

It only works with an external usb blu-ray drive.

I've also tried with different PSUs, in case I had a power problem, but it makes no difference.

I've received today another motherboard, an ASRock J3455-ITX. I have the exact same problem: Kodi hangs when I use the internal SATA optical drive. Tried again with the other internal drive, same problem. Works fine with USB external drive, though. So I guess it is software related.

I'll use a workaround for now: I'm planning to connect the Optical drive internally on the USB pins with an adapter.

I can try to get logs or whatever, but I'm new to this (I just know how to access kodi through SSH with PuTTY).

Thanks for your help.

• Hi,

Just an update: I'm currently using the workaround mentioned above and it works. I plugged a 9 pins USB adapter to connect the drive (with a sata to USB adapter), and it works fine.