Installing Libreelc on new SD card

• When installing Libreelc on new SD card, do I need also place a proper device tree (dtb.img) to the root folder of SD card? Or LE already contain the device tree?

Since LibreELEC HOWTO manual say that we can either "leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount".:?:

• Newbie here but my undertanding is delete the dtb.img included in the image when you create the SD card image, then copy over the correct device tree image (eg gxl_p212_2g.dtb) but then rename that file to dtb.img.

• I'm also new to this but with a wrong dtb.img the device definitely does not boot (tried it myself). So just try it, it is safe as you can always recreate your SD card. For me the already contained (big) dtb.img worked, though. But trying to install to internal always was failing, so I tried several ones of them and finally by using gxl_p212_2g_slowemmc I was able to install current master onto the internal storage of a vero 4k. Future updates via the tarfile are also working now because the updater can read from /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id which dtb.img to use.

• The device tree is based on the amount of ram, & the speed of the device network, ie 1000MB or 100MB

If you create the image on a sd card, you don't have to recreate the complete image, you only need to change the device tree

• Eject the card and plug it back.

Does not help, no any files shown.

There is also volume 537 MB, that can't be opened, when try mount it, error message is displayed:

Unable to access "537 MB Volume"

Error mounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 at /media/venitek/3463-3434: Command line 'mount -t "vfat" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,shortname=mixed,utf8=1,showexec,flush"

"/dev/mmcblk0p1" "/media/venitek/3463-3434"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: /dev/mmcblk0p1: can't read superblock

Edited 2 times, last by Sirius (March 3, 2018 at 3:44 PM).