New to LibreELEC & Kodi

• Hi All

As you can see I have just joined your community, after many years of using a HTPC running Emby, I thought it was time to move away from windows 7 and WMC as it's not really working properly anymore, not that there's anything wrong with Emby, but windows just isn't cutting it anymore for a TV, speaking of which it's a LG Smart TV about 6 years old.

I already have a Fetch box for live TV and streaming and catchup.

What I'm looking for is a box fo my large collection of movies and TV series, doesn't need 4K or UHD as you can see by the age of the TV. but it does need good WiFi and to be able to connect to my Win 10 computer in my home office for file transfers by WiFi.

And it needs a good remote (mouse is getting awkward).

TIA SBH

Could I get some recommendations please

Edited once, last by SBH46 (February 18, 2018 at 5:56 AM).

• My advice would be to try Libreelec running from a usb, IF your htc supports booting from usb.

Then, if you like it, install to the internal drive. Or, buy a separate device.

So, go to the downloads page & from the direct downloads drop down select your device. You then use the tool to create a Libreelc bootable media, (I use rufus)

With the bootable media, inserted into you device, you have to select where you want to install Libreelec, my advice is install to a different usb stick. Careful you don't install to the internal hard drive.