Lame debugging question

• Hello,

built a Kylin RK3036 image from the Rockchip branch. It boots fine, it gets to "Reached target Kodi Mediacenter interface".

However on the TV I see the LibreElec splash and nothing more. After a while the image is restarted.

I guess I don't have tty console enabled, neither SSH. What should I do to at least be able to get into the shell so that to check some dmesg,

Kodi logs, whatever to figure out what doesn't start and why?

Thanks,

• For early boot messages you'll need a UART cable connected to the UART header pins on the PCB; assuming the board has the header installed (if not, some pins can be soldered). None of the current "devices" in our buildsystem use Mali400 so that may also require some plumbing changes.

• Hello Chewitt,

thanks for the info. UART is not an issue

I saw the mediacenter service starting at the end of the kernel boot via minicom already.

U-boot, kernel boots fine, however I don’t have any shell (e.g login prompt - not even via ctrl-alt-f1/2/3), so I can’t get to check OS messages, my hunch is that X fails to start.

Most probably will check via extlinux.cfg + debugging and then I dump the rootfs and see the logs.

Mali400 should not be an issues, latest kernel supports that - at least this is what the Rockchip guys claim ;)