RPi2 LibreELEC 8.2.3 Wifi Network Error

• hi,

i am using LibreELEC 8.2.3 on my Raspberry Pi 2 and i cannot connect to my wifi.

The following steps are reproducible on my system. So i made a clean start of the RPi2 and did the following:

• connect ethernet
    • I went to Settings->LibreELEC->Connections and saw only one entry for the ethernet in the list
    • so i go to Network and then deactivated wifi and activated it again
    • go back to Connections
    • now i find my wifi listed, so i click on it and click Connect
    • It asks me for the password, i enter it and hit okay and get the message "Network error Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote app"
    • i try again connecting to my wifi, it asks me again for the password and i get the same error message
    • i tried a third time and i directly got a new error message: "Network error operation aborted"

Afterwards i connect via ethernet and ssh to the LibreELEC and collect the following information

lsusb shows my wireless USB adapter:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter

My dmesg output is the following one

KSX

My kodi.log is this one:

KSV

Finally i tried via cli and connmanctl to connect to the wifi, but again, no success.

Is there any more information needed?

This setup was working with my LibreELEC version before, but i do not remember which version it was.

Any idea how to debug and fix this issue?

• Same problem here, this is what I have done so far

I am using a RPi2 with a Linksys WUSB6300 connecting to a Linksys WRT1900. System has been working fine for quite a few years with OpenELEC then we started having problems a couple of months ago when I upgraded to LibreELEC. Initially was intermittent connection errors, mostly upon a short cycle of the system. We simply waited a few minutes and connected by hand.

Then I went away for a three day sailing trip and the issues really began. No end of text messages from the family letting me know there were problems! I came back last night, reproduced the error, confirmed all other wifi devices were working fine. Then did the following:

Rebooted the router; same issue.

On the router removed LibreELEC device; same issue.

Restore LibreELEC from a backup; same issue.

Tried a fresh install of LibreELEC; same issue.

Built and OSMC image; same issue. (bloatware! ugh)

Tried an old version of OpenELEC; same issue.

Went back to my original LibreELEC; same issue. (I expected as much wasn't going to try to debug with other systems)

Used my cell phone's hotspot; worked fine.

Went into the Linksys and cleared history of all devices; able to connect to my 5G network!

Unfortunately the problem is not yet solved.

I still have to connect to the network manually when rebooting.

When trying to add my 2.4G network to the system, get the "network error ..." message then system reboots.

I still experience random reboots even on low bandwidth/cpu/memory applications such as listening to streaming radio.

• Official Post

Two things I learned in 7-years supporting people here and pre-fork OE forums:

a) Wireless is frequently affected by things outside your control (neighbours, other devices sharing the contended network)

b) Wireless is never a substitute for Ethernet.

• You are right Wireless is never a substitute for a wire. However in this case I have no choice so wireless it is!

Now as to the actual problem I am pleased to say that it is resolved. Somehow (my son swears he didn't do this) the USB cord moved from the 5V slot to the .5V slot. Moved it over and all is good.