Complilg to latest LE8.2.3 from 8.2.1

• I looked in wiki but I don't see how to update to latest after compiling from previous version. I do not want to "make clean".

Currently, I'm on LE8.2.1. Do I need to just do "git checkout 8.2.3". Anything I added/modified from 8.2.1 will still be their? Then just do

PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm

Thanks

• The version number is part of the build tree, so when going from 8.2.1 to 8.2.3 everything needs to get rebuilt. Renaming the existing tree does not help as the absolute path is contained in many files. If your changes survive in the new version depends on how you did it. Did you commit them and did you set up your git to rebase on pulls?

• Always doing a "make clean" is not necessary. The build system ensures that only new stuff gets rebuilt. So if you just add some patch to eg. kodi itself, only kodi will get rebuilt but all the rest of the system is unchanged. Why are you wasting so much time and always do a "make clean"?

• Thanks,

Basically, I did all these just in case something left behind then pull to master and then to get tag

• The mistake most people make is tweaking things in the master branch instead of a local 'topic' branch. If you use a topic branch it becomes simple to fetch our "upstream" changes and rebase your modifications against the latest changes. If you tweak in our master branch, each time we modify the same file(s) you end up having to manually reapply them.