T95N S905 cant access tty..toothpick fail

• I've tried to flash libreelec via update back up in android..getting following message
    ### starting debugging she'll ...type exit to quit ###
    Sh:can't access tty ;job control turned off
    #
    When I type exit liberec splash screen comes up but then returns..
    Any help appreciated
    [hr]

Also toothpick method not working..

Edited once, last by Dazzerderby (August 3, 2016 at 7:04 AM).

• moved to Amlogic

Probably edit your first post and let the title say something more usefull ;)

Updated ? I've short nand pins..and got to little
    Green android man? where do I go for here please..if I download zip..do extract zip to sd card or put zip unzipped onto card? Tbh tried it unzipped and failed..sorry to be a bit dumb but new to this..

• Not sure, but you should be able to see udisk or card, can't remember, then browse to image. If you can't see it, change the zip to img.

But I THINK this will install it to the internal memory.

I have a beelink s905, all I did was use rufus to create image on sd card, then using the toothpick method, it booted straight to Libreelec from the sd card.

Again not sure about this, but create the image on the sd card, then once in android recovery, go reboot, it should reboot to Libreelec. if you remove the card, it should then reboot to android.

• I would say first find the stock firmware for your box in zip format, perhaps an OTA update and flash that to get back to Android after that we can help you with LE.

• I would say first find the stock firmware for your box in zip format, perhaps an OTA update and flash that to get back to Android after that we can help you with LE.

Thanks
    Ive messaged the seller but tbh not holding my breath,if i was to install LE without stock image..do i unzip from zip download and place files on sd card..what would be the best way to move forward without stock image? sorry for the rookie questions..but gont quite understand how to get correct files on sd and the subsequent process to install Tia
    D.

Edited once, last by Dazzerderby (August 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM).

• Thanks
    Ive messaged the seller but tbh not holding my breath,if i was to install LE without stock image..do i unzip from zip download and place files on sd card..what would be the best way to move forward without stock image? sorry for the rookie questions..but gont quite understand how to get correct files on sd and the subsequent process to install Tia
    D.

You could try searching Freaktab, site seems to be down at the moment.

Why don't you try what I suggested, use rufus to create libreelec image on sd card, then reboot from the recovery? The image will be on the sdcard, shouldn't affect the device itself.

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (August 3, 2016 at 6:56 PM).

• cheers bubblegum57...now running from microsd card...scared to take it out though...ive tried that many things.. thanks
    to run from nand...probs have to get stock android first? it went through update successfully on nand...rebooted and went back to pty error..

• If you run LE from SD card, your u-boot variables should have been updated during the "SD installation" and you should be able to run LE from internal memory after taking out the card, no further actions needed.

• If you run LE from SD card, your u-boot variables should have been updated during the "SD installation" and you should be able to run LE from internal memory after taking out the card, no further actions needed.

hi...removed sd card...still same issue.at boot..anything i can do? fine running from sd card..if sd removed once booted kodi functions but add on added whilst running from sd doesnt function

Edited once, last by Dazzerderby (August 3, 2016 at 10:59 PM).

as the box isnt booting from internal memory and i havent the toothpick option on this box..please could you suggest an option to try.
    Would it be a case of shorting nand pins and flashing that way?..or is there a another option..

as a seperate issue ...when running Le from sd card ..after a period of none use ..the box sleeps.. and then the only way is to pull pwer plug and reboot from sd.is this normal?

thanks in anticipation..
    D.

• as the box isnt booting from internal memory and i havent the toothpick option on this box..please could you suggest an option to try.
    Would it be a case of shorting nand pins and flashing that way?..or is there a another option..

as a seperate issue ...when running Le from sd card ..after a period of none use ..the box sleeps.. and then the only way is to pull pwer plug and reboot from sd.is this normal?

thanks in anticipation..
    D.

Are you saying the box does not boot LE or Android when using NAND and the only way is to use an SD Card?

• as the box isnt booting from internal memory and i havent the toothpick option on this box..please could you suggest an option to try.

You don't need to short NAND pins to flash LE, this is a way to unbrick the box with USB Burning Tool in case you bricked the box with wrong u-boot.

My advice is: you LE from SD card for now and wait for next(-ish) build which should solve that kind of issues.

No logs = no idea.