librelec not saving paths on backup

• hi, im trying to build a gaming box using librelec on a x96 905x, using iarl, everything is going fine, except for when i backup the build, i have put the folders for the games and background art for iarl in the video folder on librelec, but when i restore the build, those folders are missing, im i putting the folders in the wrong place?,if so where could i put them for the backup to save them.

• Since the Videos folder could normally be expected to contain large multi-gigabyte media files, this folder is not included in the backup.

The only folders that are included in the backup are as per the "Help text" description in the LibreELEC Settings addon:

Create a tar archive containing all LibreELEC and Kodi configuration settings, databases and thumbnail content. Backup files will be stored in /storage/backups

This means the following folders are included in the backup:

Code
    /storage/.kodi
    /storage/.config
    /storage/.cache

/storage/.ssh

Backing up random user content is not supported by the Backup option.

Your best bet would be to create your changes as a Kodi addon which stores it's settings and artwork inside Kodi in the usual way as this would be backed up.

Or submit a PR to the LibreELEC Settings addon Github which enhances the backup implementation with support for additional folders.

• Not sure if this might help you...To back up my roms,artwork & assets I use a small but mega usefull software on my windows PC called SyncToy..

SyncToy can do 3 different types of backups Synchronize,Echo or Contribute.

I use Echo,which is New and updated files are copied from Libreelec to Backup,Renames and deletes on Libreelec are renamed and deleted from backup..

This keeps an exact copy of your Libreelec folders..

Hope this helps..

• Forgot to add that SyncToy can backup even network storage....that's how I use it to backup my setup...you can set it to backup different locations...I even use it to backup my libreelec backups from the hdd connected to my Rpi to another Hdd connected to my PC...You can run all backups together at one go or one at a time...

• thankyou for your help, i managed to fix it by saving to home/.kodi/media, libeelec backups fine now, even saving roms in there place.

Glad you got it sorted...I have my roms on an external hdd connected to my rpi so I find that software handy...