Remote power trouble

• This log is from a dev build here out of the forum. But i give up and keep the original uboot. Yours did not work for me, i posted all logs and i want to use the image from freattab (Android), too. Everything else is working, except Power.

Where did you geht the u-boot sources? Then i can try myself.

• The Power-ON FW of this github works without changes.

There is another problem here that you wanted to solve yourself.

I do not want to put the changes on the net, the manufacturer should do this. The buyers of this product were fooled, the money was taken.. But the known bug was not fixed unfortunately.

• I have turned this off, because this feature makes absolutely no sense for devices with LPDDR3 memory .. if there is a H96pp with LPDDR4, the auto-detection would make sense, because you could use the same u-boot binary for both variants. The situation is different with H96pp devices with DDR3 or DDR4 memory, here you could use the auto-detection.

• Ah ok, i see. Did you use q200 or q201 for your system? What configs did you set? My u-boot just detects 1500MB RAM, so maybe i missed something.

Edited once, last by TheChief (April 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM).

• Ah ok, i see. Did you use q200 or q201 for your system? What configs did you set? My u-boot just detects 1500MB RAM, so maybe i missed something.

only q201, q200 will not work. I will do another build especially for you. Furthermore, I advise you to use the kernel with the latest changes.

• only q201, q200 will not work. I will do another build especially for you. Furthermore, I advise you to use the kernel with the latest changes.

Thanks. But the config for the board would be also interesting, that i can compile by myself. You can also PM me your configuration file.

With q201 i get Addr bus failed, with DDR_TYPE set to LPDDR3@792Mhz

• habe es probiert, dann geht es.

habe nun als workaround den cec treiber in LE deaktiviert, dann gehts auch mit der Remote Aus/ein ! ..??

have tryed it.. works without hdmi...

turned off CEC driver in LE, now remote off/on works ! ..??

• With this build it looks better for me. Hope i will get now freezes anymore.

EDIT: No, still crashing

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seems to do more tests now:

Edited once, last by TheChief (April 17, 2018 at 12:24 PM).

• TheChief

I do not see any bugs that could be caused by the bootloader.

please do another test:

1. Erase the bootloader partition (/dev/bootloader) and turn off the box.

2. Format sdcard in FAT32 -> flash u-boot.bin.sd.bin on sdcard -> copy u-boot.bin to P1 -> insert sdcard in the box and turn it on

3. enter the following commands in the uboot terminal (gxm_q201_v1 # ...):

Code
    store erase boot
    fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} u-boot.bin
    store rom_write ${loadaddr} 0 100000
    defenv
    saveenv

4. Switch off the box again -> remove sdcard with u-boot.bin.sd.bin -> insert sdcard with CoreELEC -> switch on and continue testing.

Please try this dtb

Edited once, last by bumerc (April 19, 2018 at 7:10 AM).

• Followed you steps, but still crashing with with your uboot. DTB doesnt work for me, is it for LE9? If i use q201 from coreelec image, i have no Wired Network. Dont worry, dont spend more time in my problem. I dont know, why it doesnt work on my box.

• Followed you steps, but still crashing with with your uboot. DTB doesnt work for me, is it for LE9? If i use q201 from coreelec image, i have no Wired Network. Dont worry, dont spend more time in my problem. I dont know, why it doesnt work on my box.

You seem to be using some application that causes the kernel crash, this has nothing to do with u-boot.

Please use dtb from here (gxm_q201_3g_gbit_phy.dtb), I made a small mistake.

Ask CE developers about the possibility of adding rgmii support to q201 dtb.