New installation: Created image on USB but what now ?

• Hello friends

I am new to this.

I know KODI very well but not LibreELEC

I have created the image for AMD version of LibreELEC with the software I found on your webpage but what now ?

Is this a device (USB) I should boot from to install the software on the HDD of my mini PC or should the whole thing be runed from the USB ?

Another thing is that the BIOS on my mini PC does not have an option to boot or run from the USB, only from HDD or CD.

What can I do now ?

Please help a helpless novice like me :)

Petter

• Installation on a PC is a two-step adventure. Create the installer first (which you did), then run/boot the installer for the actual installation onto your PC.

Another thing is that the BIOS on my mini PC does not have an option to boot or run from the USB, only from HDD or CD.

Place the HDD into a different PC that does support USB booting, then put the HDD back into your old PC.

One thing... If the PC doesn't support USB booting, it may be too old to give a proper Kodi experience. Kodi is particular picky on graphics cards, so I'm curious for all the tech details of that mini PC.

• Thanks for your hints,

I have been running XBMC and now KODI on this ASRock mini PC for some years but wanted an installation without windows so I used KODIBUNTU but was on a forum recommened to use LibreELEC instead as KODIBUNTU is not longer supported.

I will see if the PC just need a BIOS upgrade.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Harbo (January 17, 2018 at 10:28 PM).