Wetek OpenELEC: Unable to update LibreELEC 8.0.2 to 8.2.2

• I'm using LibreELEC (official) Version: 8.0.2 and want to update to 8.2.2 version, but I have no success in this. This is what I did:

I downloaded "LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-8.2.2.img.gz" on /storage/.update and reboot Wetek Play. After system is uncompressing, finally it shows "SYSTEM or KERNEL is missed!" and the updated is not done :rolleyes:.

I tried all ways this ways:

• Downloading directly the "img.gz" file with wget to the update folder in LibreELEC
    • Downloading in another PC and copying it to the update folder using "scp" command
    • Downloading the "img.gz" to the mSD card
    • Downloading "LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-8.2.0.tar" to the mSD card (in this case, nothing happens) ||

I have not option "LibreELEC" under "System" (I don't know why) despite I search for it in two skins, so I can't try that option.

Please, any suggestion:?: I don't wanna lose my config doing a clean installation :(.

Thank you

• Check for free space on the internal storage. You will need approx 2.5x the size of the 8.2.2 image free (about 327MB) for update to succeed. If you are low on space it's possible to download the .tar update file and uncompress on another machine, copy to USB, then copy kernel.img and SYSTEM over from the USB to the /storage/.update folder. This negates some steps in the update process. You can also free space by running "systemctl stop kodi" and then "rm -rf /storage/.kodi/temp" then "systemctl start kodi" .. anything in the temp folder can be binned safely. Another location to prune is the cache of installed add-on packages in /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/

• It doesn't seems I'm running out of space. I guess 428.3M should be enough, isn't it?

However, I must do a correction: My system is Wetek OpenELEC, but I installed without any problem LibreELEC 8.0.2, so I think that's not the problem :rolleyes:

• The OE version has a minor board revision and the non-OE version ships with Android installed. Apart from that WeTek "OpenELEC" and WeTek Play (1) are exactly the same. The LibreELEC settings add-on should be visible under Add-ons > Program Add-ons on all skins. The shortcut to it in Kodi settings only exists in Estuary.

Download the .tar image to storage, then validate the md5 checksum against Mirror List to make sure the image isn't at fault. If it still fails, maybe the internal storage has some issues?

• As you told me, I downloaded the ".tar" file, checked the sha256 checksum, move the file to "/storage" and rebooted, but nothing happened
    :-/

Then, I imagined that maybe you want me to the file to "/storage/.update", so I did it and reboot again .... and after a while, when I login again in my Wetek, it show me: "LibreELEC (official): 8.2.2 (WeTek_Play.arm)" so, it worked!!!! :):):)

I was afraid :cry: about I would have to configure all updating from a ".tar" file, but I was wrong.

You save my day!!!

THANK YOU

And one more thing: You hit it again telling me where to find the LibreELEC menu ... perfect!!!!!!!! Now I can activate Bluetooth again.

Thank you very much

ありがとうございます