Milhouse LE9 #0104 - DVB drivers not loading with TBS card

• Not sure whether others have had the same issue, when I upgraded from the official Libreelec 8.2.2 to:

Generic.x86_64-devel-20180104223802-#0104-gf7875a1

the dvb_core, dvbdev and SAA716x Budget drivers do not load.

The good news, with LE9 was I was able to access Prime Video through the adaptive inputstream, as I could not get Prime Video to work with Chromium on 8.2.2. Hence it would be good to be able to migrate to the LE9 dev build.

Happy to load any debug info required.

Cheers

• When I compare the /lib/modules/[kernel version] folder structure it appears the LE9 build is missing the updates folder containing the saa716x drivers

• Looks like a similar issue with your 3 Dec LE9 build, the LibreElec Module Drivers add-on reports "No driver modules found" and it is also missing the updates folder. Might try installing a VM and building LE9 from the master as Windows 10 linux shell fails to build the LE9 image.

• What drivers are you expecting? I see several saa716x kernel modules in the latest #0111 build:

Code
    NUC:~ # find /usr|grep saa716
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/4.14.13/kernel/drivers/media/pci/saa7164
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/4.14.13/kernel/drivers/media/pci/saa7164/saa7164.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/saa7164.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/saa716x_core.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/saa716x_dvb.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/saa716x_ff.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/saa716x_hybrid.ko
    /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.hauppauge/lib/modules/4.14.13/updates/driver.dvb.hauppauge/saa7164.ko

Current 4.14.y based Milhouse builds include the crazycat etc. drivers - these drivers are not currently enabled in 4.15-rc releases.

• I don't have access to my kodi box at the moment, but examining the following script:

LibreELEC.tv/kernel-overlays-setup at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I assume I need to create a [user_defined_mods_to_load].conf file in the following directory:

OVERLAY_CONFIG_DIR=/storage/.cache/kernel-overlays

with the below for my TBS card:

Code
    driver.dvb.crazycat
    driver.dvb.digital_devices
    # driver.dvb.hauppauge

in order to load the extra kernel-overlay modules included in the squash file, does that sound about right?

• Note - the above was successful in loading the kernel-overlay drivers with the exception I needed 1 .conf file per entry eg crazycat.conf, dvb_digital.conf as the script does not enumerate each line.