Posts by drc38

Realised I was going about this the wrong way, instead of trying to revert the existing build platform to the 5.6 kernel I changed tack and checked out the working 5.6 repo - then updated the mediacenter package to kodi19b from the master repo. This required adding in some package dependencies. Here is the link to the branch with the changes required for anyone interested. Note I will not be able to support any issues with the custom build.

Thanks for the help so far smp, the linux:host compiles using the file suggested. However linux:target is coming up with the following failure log:

as it is referencing a dynamic list I am struggling to see where the syntax error comes from, or why it is occurring. Does this error mean the gcc version also needs to be downgraded to compile the 5.6.13 kernel?

smp, I am trying to go down the route of building the latest 9.8 repo with the same linux kernel that the last Milhouse build that had the Crazycat add on working used - Linux 5.6.13. It is currently failing as it is using a gcc config for the 5.10 kernel. Where do I get linux.x86_64.conf for this particular kernel or how do I generate it? Thanks

Looks like there is an issue with the pixman meson.build logic to detect the host/build architecture, I don't fully understand how it works but setting the mmx and sse2 flags to false after their respective detection logic has provided a workaround to continue with the libreelec build.

As I do not have a dedicated linux machine I thought I'd try setting up a Docker build environment and run it on my QNAP. There were a few extra packages required to be installed, here is the Dockerfile if anyone else wants to setup a similar environment:

and then to build:

Code
    docker build -f Dockerfile -t ubuntu-bionic-dev .

Only issue is the QNAP is an Arm64 device and the Generic x86 build fails compiling pixman:

Code
    ../pixman/pixman-x86.c: In function 'detect_cpu_features':                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    ../pixman/pixman-x86.c:90:5: error: unknown register name '%ecx' in 'asm' 

As far as I can tell it is a cross-compiling issue as it expects an x86 cpu (similar issue), I couldn't find anything relevant on the forum on extra settings for cross-compiling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am currently on a Kodi 19 Milhouse build from 27 May (most recent version I have found with working DVB TBS drivers) and would like to switch to the Kodi 19 beta as add-ons are now updating to xbmcvfs and becoming incompatible with the older version. Does the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20201226-4e458a0.img.gz nightly build contain the DVB drivers as the driver for my TBS card is not loading on start up? Or do I need to compile separately? Thanks

I don't have access to my kodi box at the moment, but examining the following script:

LibreELEC.tv/kernel-overlays-setup at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I assume I need to create a [user_defined_mods_to_load].conf file in the following directory:

OVERLAY_CONFIG_DIR=/storage/.cache/kernel-overlays

with the below for my TBS card:

Code
    driver.dvb.crazycat
    driver.dvb.digital_devices
    # driver.dvb.hauppauge

in order to load the extra kernel-overlay modules included in the squash file, does that sound about right?

Not sure whether others have had the same issue, when I upgraded from the official Libreelec 8.2.2 to:

Generic.x86_64-devel-20180104223802-#0104-gf7875a1

the dvb_core, dvbdev and SAA716x Budget drivers do not load.

The good news, with LE9 was I was able to access Prime Video through the adaptive inputstream, as I could not get Prime Video to work with Chromium on 8.2.2. Hence it would be good to be able to migrate to the LE9 dev build.

Happy to load any debug info required.

Cheers