Odroid C2

• Hi guys, is there a way I can install acestream on the C2?
    LibreElec is working great since I started using it last week
    Thanks wrxtasy and the team

• Acestream is one of those banned Addons which comes from superrepo, guess....see:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

So as you won't get support for this at Kodi Forums, you won't get support for it it in here.

If Installation fails, ask where you get it from, please.

I only asked here because the addon is not on the banned list and also there was some help on the openelec forum last year or so....but fair enough this is not that forum...

• It comes from a banned repo....as far as I understand the Kodi Wiki it either comes from a banned repo 'or' it's on the list of banned add-ons. The statement doesn't need to fit both options. It's enough if it fits one. At least that's the way we handle it at IRC.

Greetings

• It comes from a banned repo....as far as I understand the Kodi Wiki it either comes from a banned repo 'or' it's on the list of banned add-ons. The statement doesn't need to fit both options. It's enough if it fits one. At least that's the way we handle it at IRC.

Greetings

The banned add-ons list is also not exhaustive, it only contains the most common examples of what we have to deal with. This is fairly deliberate as we don't want it ending up as being a "go-to list" of where to get precisely the stuff we're trying to get rid of.

We use the following guideline, as posted on the banned add-on page:

"The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds."

Any repo which contains/provides a banned add-on is automatically also banned, even if it contains other legitimate add-ons as well. And we do not provide support for any installation which contains either banned add-ons or repos.

Edited once, last by DarrenHill (April 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM).