Migrate from OE

• Hi all, I am new here. I have been using OE for a long time but after all the developments I would like to move to Libreelec.

I would just like to know how I should go about this.

The more important thing is would I need to redo all of my add ons, especially transmission, youtube and audo (sab, sickrage and couchpotato) which is currently installed that was developed by Isselens for OE?

It would be nice to just be able to migrate over but I am seriously not in the mood to reconfigure every single setting in all of the add ons.

Thank you for reading

Edited once, last by themowgs (July 29, 2016 at 12:41 PM).

• Official Post

but I am seriously not in the mood to reconfigure every single setting in all of the add ons

There is a saying that goes: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Testing with a second setup, while you keep your original setup, is the best way of finding out whether your setup is capable of migrating over to LibreELEC. It's a process that does ask some time and effort from your side. While making backups is always good practice, make a full copy of your current setup and put it on a USB stick (or 2nd SD card), and find out if LibreELEC works for you. A simple migration update is done by placing the LibreELEC tar ball in the OE update folder and reboot. You'll find out soon enough if things are still working or not.

Yet, if you still cannot be bothered, well...

Edited once, last by Klojum (July 29, 2016 at 6:35 AM).

• There is a saying that goes: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Testing with a second setup, while you keep your original setup, is the best way of finding out whether your setup is capable of migrating over to LibreELEC. It's a process that does ask some time and effort from your side. While making backups is always good practice, make a full copy of your current setup and put it on a USB stick (or 2nd SD card), and find out if LibreELEC works for you. A simple migration update is done by placing the LibreELEC tar ball in the OE update folder and reboot. You'll find out soon enough if things are still working or not.

Yet, if you still cannot be bothered, well...

Thanks for the suggestion, will make a complete copy of the system first.

• This is my first post here and first I would like to thank the LibreELEC team for all your great work on this project and look forward to supporting LibreELEC as ot progresses.

With regards to the question from the OP - I was a long time OE user on an RPi 2 but upon discovering LibreELEC immediately upgraded and have been very impressed withi its performance.

As far as I can tell, right now LibreELEC is functionally equivalent to OE and all that is required is to download the upgrade frpm OE file from this website, upload it to the OpenELEC update folder - in the same was as a previous OE update - and reboot.

It will look the same as OE but will say LibreELEC where it said OE before. In my experience LE seems faster than OE, but this might not be the case.

I suggest you just go ahead and update but heed the advice given here to backup first either using the backup facility or making an image of your SD card to keep on your computer to re-burn if necessary.

• This is my first post here and first I would like to thank the LibreELEC team for all your great work on this project and look forward to supporting LibreELEC as ot progresses.

With regards to the question from the OP - I was a long time OE user on an RPi 2 but upon discovering LibreELEC immediately upgraded and have been very impressed withi its performance.

As far as I can tell, right now LibreELEC is functionally equivalent to OE and all that is required is to download the upgrade frpm OE file from this website, upload it to the OpenELEC update folder - in the same was as a previous OE update - and reboot.

It will look the same as OE but will say LibreELEC where it said OE before. In my experience LE seems faster than OE, but this might not be the case.

I suggest you just go ahead and update but heed the advice given here to backup first either using the backup facility or making an image of your SD card to keep on your computer to re-burn if necessary.

Thanks very much but what about the add ons? Did all of your addons still work after the update?