Kodi - TVheadend with Greek language bug?

• If i try to use TVHeadend with pvr.hts for live TV, i cannot switch the interface language in Kodi to Greek (i don't need to, but i want it).

Kodi and TVHeadend service only (no pvr.hts) have no problem with Greek, but once you install the pvr.hts addon, it crashes Kodi and forces a boot loop. It works fine if the interface language is English.

It has been reported again here and here. It looks like the problem goes deeper than just pvr.hts

but i haven't seen any progress.

The bug happens on all boxes i used (a Mini-MX -S905, and a Ki-pro S905D).

PS, as a test i modified the pvr.hts (replaced the strings.po in the greek lang-dir with the English one, so practically pvr.hts is in English but no luck). Looks like the bug is deeper in the code.

Edited once, last by Asxetos (December 30, 2017 at 6:54 PM).

• After a lot of editing and testing, i figured it.

The problem occurs if the strings in the "TV - Timer rule" list pictured above are translated to Greek.

The guilty strings are #820 - #823 in the "strings.po" file, inside "resource.language.el_gr" addon.

After i found and corrected them, Kodi with tvheadend and pvr.hts work fine in Greek.

I attach a corrected "resource.language.el_gr" addon for everyone with this problem (Kodi - addons - install addon from zip file), as it seems to occur in all platforms. It's a dirty patch but it's all i could do. I think the code in Kodi needs corrections.

resource.language.el_gr-OK.zip

If possible, you guys could report this up the chain to Kodi team.