How to auto mount an usb hard disk drive

• Hi there, pretty sure that there was already a thread on this, so if somebody could direct me to the instructions on how to auto mount an usb hard disk drive after a reboot. At the moment it seems that I always have to unplug/plug the drive before the system recognises the drive. editing the fstab obviously does not work under libreelec, so I would be grateful if somebody could help me out.

• The OS will auto-mount the drive unless there is an issue with the filesystem. The usual issue we see reported is "unsafe eject" from Windows which leaves the filesystem in an unclean state. If not, it might be worthwhile running chkdsk.exe over the drive.

• After each reboot the external HDD (USB3) does not mount unless I switch off / unplug it.

I have no idea if a reboot produces a "unsafe eject"

The file system of the drive is ext4. Is there a possibility to use fstab?

I have another raspberry 4 running under ubuntu server with two USB harddisks connected. Reboot does not produce any issues there:

Code
    UUID=4ea46db3-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx /media/drive1    auto nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0
  • humblepie

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link