Playing of MP3 Audio Files Temporarily Interrupted on Raspberry Pis

• Hi,

I am using two Raspi 2,

- one with LibreElec 8.2.1 connected to a Samsung-TV via HDMI

- the other with OpenElec 6.0.3 connected to another Samsung-TV via HDMI

and both are controlled via CEC with the TV remote control. The MP3 audio files are on a Synology NAS which is accessed with SMB via WLAN.

Playing videos from the NAS works perfectly but there is one persistent and annoying issue which I have since I use Kodi on Raspis - the playing of MP3 files from the NAS (via HDMI to the TV) is sporadically interrupted for a fraction of a second up to several seconds. This happens on both Raspi 2 and also on my old Raspi 1 regardless of the version of Kodi (since many years).

There are numerous people having the same problem and some are trying to fix it with increased buffering. This didn't work for me. Changing the network protocol also doesn't improve anything.

I am wondering why the trivial task of playing an MP3 constitutes a problem since many years and nobody offers a reliable fix. I regard this as a show stopper for a MediaPlayer OS (at least for the Raspi versions) and would be pleased if somebody of the developers would finally be so kind to have a serious look into this.

With best regards

Didi Dunst