Black Screen while booting LibreELEC RPi2

• Good afternoon everyone,

It is my first on the forum, I don’t know if there is a presentation post where to write but I was unable to find it.

Marco, from Italy:)

I just got my Raspberry Pi3.

During the first setup this morning, I was prompted to install both Rasbian and LibreELEC.

The installation went through the end properly. I got the success confirmation on the screen.

Now, when I try to boot Rasbian it will just boot fine.

When I try to boot LibreELEC, i just get to a blank black screen.

The Pi3 is connected via HDMI to a 52” Sharp Aquos(5 years old).

I tried to change the /boot/config.txt file removing the # to both the hdmi instruction. But the I still got black screen on LibreELEC. And Rasbian is booting in VGA quality 800x600. So i put the # back.

What other troubleshooting step can i follow?

The only weird thing is that I have a Raspberry Pi3, but LibreELEC had “Pi2” written next to the system. Is this the problem?:/

Marco

• During the first setup this morning, I was prompted to install both Rasbian and LibreELEC.

We prefer to use our own setup/image file, and leave Raspbian for what it is. No need to complicate things.

You can use the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator to make the LibreELEC setup on your RPi micro sd-card.

The RPi2 file is for both the RPi2 and RPi3 models. They use the same image file.

• We prefer to use our own setup/image file, and leave Raspbian for what it is. No need to complicate things.

You can use the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator to make the LibreELEC setup on your RPi micro sd-card.

The RPi2 file is for both the RPi2 and RPi3 models. They use the same image file.

Thank you for your answer and help!

Is it possible to keep the double boot at the start up? Or is it going to erase the Raspbian “partition” as well?

Best regards,

Marco

• It's very simple: LibreELEC will wipe EVERYTHING on the target device. It's a disk image that will auto-resize LibreELEC 2nd/storage partition to the full remaining disk capacity on the first boot.

If you as a RPi3 novice want to keep a dual boot, I would advice to use multiple SD cards. For now at least. Which OS'es should the dual boot contain anyway?