New C-band sat scan

• I assume you are attempting to setup Paksat 1R at 38E ??

You will need to manually setup the muxes as there is not a pre-defined list created in tvheadend.

You can use this list for reference - try setting up one of them and if it scans and works - then you can maually create the rest of the muxes...then scan for services.

C-Band Free to Air Channel list for Paksat IR at 38° East – Track Dish .com

I don't use DVB-S - but I think this is how it works.

• Thank you for your precious feed back. Yes, you are right, its Paksat, is there any app to create mux and induct in tvheadend, or, put in userdata folder, I previously use Enigma2 boxes, all these methods totaly new

• Unfortunately the muxes come from a dvb scan file - and it seems no one has created one for Paksat.

If you're lucky - maybe someone will post one here - but until then. You can manually create each mux in tvheadend.

In the web UI - on the CONFIGURATION > DVB INPUTS > MUXES tab - select the ADD button to create a new mux.

If you need information on how to enter the frequency, symbol rate, etc - hopefully someone can post a few more details for DVB-S manual entry.

Good luck!

• I already have 3 other STB ,doing nice job for me, I just want to make my first LibreELEC box WETEK Play2 fully functional. Success with present muxes, need some long weekend for next step

• OK - I've created a DTV scan table file for Paksat 1R and submitted the pull request to tvheadend to add it.

Since the pre-defined muxes are built into tvheadend at the time the addon is built, until Tvh adds it to their base files or GDPR-1 patches it into his builds - you won't be able to have it show up automatically...but hopefully it can be done soon.

• --- update - that was fast. Tvheadend just merged the pull request for the Paksat 1R dtv scan file.

What this means is the next build that raybuntu makes should contain the new pre-defined muxes for Paksat (although he may need to set the tvheadend42 addon to be a clean build)

Hope this gets you up and running soon!

• thanks a lot edit4ever for replying this .

in our area we mostly use indian dth platforms which are not listed in tvhead muxes.

Sun Direct DTH Frequency 2017 List – Updated – Track Dish .com

Videocon D2H Frequency 2017 List – Updated – Track Dish .com

Dish TV Frequency 2017 List – Updated – Track Dish .com

could u guide us how to manually add these providers tp in tvhead?

or on which platform can we ask to add these muxes in tvheadend?

• OK - here'e the basic info to manually add a mux - let's look at the following info:

Sun Direct DTH Transponder list from Measat 3 (91.5°E) Satellite :

DTH Service Position Satellite Frequency Pol. SR Quality
    Sun Direct 91.5°E Measat 3 12563 H 32000 MPEG-4
    Sun Direct 91.5°E Measat 3 12603 H 32000 MPEG-4
    Sun Direct 91.5°E Measat 3 12643 H 32000 MPEG-4

Unfortunately, the info above is missing 2 pieces of information that may be relevant...the FEC numbers and is it DVB-S or DVB-S2.

Not sure why it isn't listed - so you may want to use the following page to look up your satellites:

Sun-Direct.html

On that page for example, the left column of the table contains the info we need:

12563 H tp 20KH South Asia 0 DVB-S SR 32000 FEC 5/6

If you haven't already done so - you need to add a new network for the Measat 3 91.5E satellite.

1. On the NETWORKS tab in the tvheadend webUI, click the ADD button
    2. Select the DVB-S option from the network type window that opens
    3. Now enter the name you want to call this network: Sun Direct (or whatever you want)
    4. Now select the 91.5E : Measat 3/3a/3b option from the orbital position field
    5. Press the CREATE button

Now you will need to manually add the muxes for this satellite. (Each mux will be one of the frequencies from the list/link above)

Let's use this one for the example: 12563 H tp 20KH South Asia 0 DVB-S SR 32000 FEC 5/6

1. On the MUXES tab in the tvheadend webUI, click the ADD button
    2. Select the Sun Direct (or whatever you named it) network from the window that opens
    3. Set the delivery system to DVBS
    4. Set the frequency to 12563000 (note for frequency, you add 000 to the end of the listed number)
    5. Set the symbol rate to 32000000 (note for symbol rate, you add 000 to the end of the listed number)
    6. Set the polarization to H
    7. Set the modulation to AUTO
    8. Set the FEC to 5/6 (you could try auto to see if it works, but since I gave you the lyngsat link that contains the FEC info - I would set it)
    9. Press the CREATE button

It should look like this before you press CREATE:

F5WEh3d.jpg

Now repeat the add mux process for each frequency on the 91.5E satellite. For other satellites, add a network for the satellite and then add the muxes.

If you want to have the pre-defined muxes updated with this satellite info, you will need to create a list similar to the one I created for Paksat.

dtv-scan-tables/Paksat-1R-38E at tvheadend · edit4ever/dtv-scan-tables · GitHub

Just follow the same format and make a text document for each satellite. If you send me those files, I will enter and submit them to the tvheadend dtv-scan-table repo.

Hope this gets you going!

• One more thing - once you create all the muxes - go back to the NETWORK tab and for each network you created - press the FORCE SCAN button and it should start searching for the services. Then when it's complete - you can map the found services to channels.

• No success on C-band, may be its Diseq config issue or there some Lnb define require

rizwan one jugaar is in my mind..i think it will work.

take a simple receiver and scan paksat blind scan with universal lnb option.

it will search chanells with ku band frequencies...note these parameters.

then u can manually add these tps to tvheadend.

this method work for me in dm800 when openpli latest release was not scaning cband like this problem..after they remove the bug...but i m sure this will work in this problem.

i personally did not check yet as now oscam again not working with me and i m itching my head:)