​Movie starts with audio but video is missing menu has graphic glitches

• Hi all,

recently I updated to Libreelec 8.2 and noticed that I cannot play videos anymore, neither from hard drive nor from stream.

I can start the movie/stream with audio, but Kodi seems to stay in the home menu. It only seems, because in the right upper corner I notice that the movie is being played. When I press back or fullscreen, normally the video player comes in front. This does not work well, because I see the video menu (timeline, title, controls), but not the video itself. I am not sure whether I see the complete video player or only a part of it. But surely something is missing. And most often the video menu shows graphic glitches when doing its animation (moving all control elements out of screen). ;(:huh:

Does someone know what happens here? How to check and reinstall the graphic stack?

I am running an old AMD E-350. In system menu all accelerations are activated. System information looks complete.

• Well, as your hint was the release, I downgraded to 7.0.3. The installation worked like a charm. I was able to play movies again. But the userdata like addons was still updated with latest versions. I could not use this installation. Then I installed again 8.2.1. And you know what? Now the video is working again...

I don't know the installation routine, but certainly there was something not updated accordingly. I would like to know the reason. If someone tell how I could identity potential causes, I will try.