Hw video acceleration broken for Radeon HD 6310 (AMD E350) with LibreELEC v8.x

• Playback HD-video (1080p, x264) with LibreELEC v7.0.3 worked smooth with hardware video acceleration enabled on my Zotac AD02 (AMD E350 CPU/GPU: Radeon HD 6310).

However after having installed latest v8.2.1 (fresh install), hw accelaration seems broken, when enabled picture becomes scrambled. Disabling hw video acceleration is not an option since E350 is to slow to smoothly decode/render 1080p x264. It's a pity since I really enjoy LibreELEC (great piece of software, thank you guys!). Is there a solution since previous drivers did work wel.

Thanks! maarten

Edited 2 times, last by maartenl (December 20, 2017 at 11:37 AM).

• AMD graphics have been a pain in the ^#$& for many years. Without any support from AMD, it's basically reverse engineering and crafty driver re-engineering that helped out every now and then.

Right now, the only viable option is to use an older version. Or get some other hardware: a cheap Raspberry Pi 3 can do video acceleration pretty well. Even HEVC upto a certain point.

• just fyi,

Klojum, I'd not recommend Raspberry Pi 3 for people who use HEVC a lot.

Recently I've switched to NUC from Raspberry Pi because I was getting a lot of artifacts while playing HEVC .

• The RPi3 is not the obvious choice for 'real' HEVC video, but 720p rips are not problem, and moderate 1080p rips are possibe too on my RPi2.

But the real, high-bitrate hevc (demo) videos are no match for the RPi devices naturally. :)