Freeze after update & restart

• Hello guys!

I tried to update OE 6.0.3 to LE 6.90.005. Everything went well, it did update, the GUI came up, it seemed to work. Then I restarted the system, and then it stuck with just a pointer in the middle of the screen, and no reaction to anything. So I just tuned it off using the power button. Then I have downgraded back to OE 6. I had debug logging enabled, but I've found nothing in the kodi log or in the kodi.old log that is in connection with the update. It seems to only contain info about the OE sessions. My question is, how to proceed from here? What debugging info should I get besides the debug log and where to find it? Should I try to ssh to the pc once it stuck with the cursor and go from there? Maybe worth noting that I had a very similar issue when trying to update from OE 6.0.3 to 7b1. Any help is appreciated!

• best would be to mention the hardware you are using. Then, after you tried to upgrade, check if you are able to ssh in and maybe get the logfile

• best would be to mention the hardware you are using. Then, after you tried to upgrade, check if you are able to ssh in and maybe get the logfile

Thanks for your reply.
    My config is:
    CPU: AMD A6-6400K
    RAM:2x2GB DDR3-1600
    MB: Asrock FM2A88M-HD+
    SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB
    connected to a Panasonic TX-P55ST60E TV via HDMI.
    I also have an ASUS GeForce GT730 in the PC, but I'm not using it currently.

I'll try to ssh in and get the logfile this evening.

• So, I tried the update again. The difference was that it didn't even work after the update. There was some lines of message of waiting in the upper left corner and after the timeout it stopped there. The ssh connection succeeded, so I grabbed the log files. After issuing 'reboot' from the console, the now familiar 'pointer in the center' showed up the after reboot and stopped there. Again, ssh worked, so I grabbed another set of logs then.
    One thing I left out of my system config above is that there is a Pulse Eight USB-CEC attached to the PC.

Please find the attached logs. Thanks for any help in advance!

• So I tried it with the Beta 1. This time, it seemed to work. I've restarted it 2 times and the GUI loaded each time. Then I tried to power off the system (actually a sleep, so I can wake it up with a keypress), then power on again, I was greeted by the 'pointer in the middle' screen... I've grabbed the logs after the initial update, then after the freeze. If anyone has any ideas, please share :)