LE8.2 no hdmi audio on Intel compute stick BOXSTCK1A8LFC

• I have the same device and I think that HDMI audio was fine in 8.2.1

I've repurposed that device since it was terribly unstable (crashes with 8.2.1 and even with a custom Arch install...) , but the HDMI audio worked...

• Ill try that. Weirdly, mine is rock solid.

I don’t use WiFi on it though.

And to stop some crashes you need to run a script that disables some of the CPU C states

• Good point... I know I have the c-state command in Arch and I may have just missed it in OpenElec...

SO your 8.0.2 install is rock solid? I may give it another try... And I'll let you know how it goes =)

• Installed 8.2.1 on my Compute Stick and added the Max C-State command to the syslinux.cfg file... Has run stable for the last 12 hours and I have both HDMI audio and Bluetooth audio (via USB dongle... Onboard is disabled) without issue.

I am just using HDMI into the TV, so it ay be missing certain Dolby streams, and i have not checked many files.. What was your experience?

• Installed 8.2.1 on my Compute Stick and added the Max C-State command to the syslinux.cfg file... Has run stable for the last 12 hours and I have both HDMI audio and Bluetooth audio (via USB dongle... Onboard is disabled) without issue.

I am just using HDMI into the TV, so it ay be missing certain Dolby streams, and i have not checked many files.. What was your experience?

Pleaseee provide a how-to for adding max C state command!

• Tried a nightly build of 9.0 and it has no audio as well. Something is broken for my computestick model since 8.2

• could you specify your last working version and the first not working one ?

It is likely that we dropped an patch that made it work for you.

hey! Thanks for responding.

8.0.2 works perfectly, I think the 7.x version that was the test for 8 worked as well, and I’m still running 8.0.2. Anything after 8.0.2 does not work. It’s something about that particular SoC. I used to use a patched version of Ubuntu to make HDMI audio work until I found LE 8 worked perfect.

I can keep running 8.0.2, but wouldn’t mind if the patch could be re-introduced. I also have to run an autostart.sh to disable certain CPU C-states, but I don’t expect that will get patched and the script works perfectly.

It’s a flawed Intel SOC.