Pulseaudio/other stream audio to android?

• Hello everyone,

I'm a bit of a n00b with linux bits, but am more or less competent at figuring most things out.

I cannot for the life of me find the solution to, using an android mobile phone as a portable speaker (headphones) for my rpi3 / libreelec / kodi17, much like they have on the remote for nvidia shields etc. Using bluetooth headphones is an option, but I dont have a pair so would ideally like to avoid having to buy more 'stuff'.

I've tried to look into Soundwire, however the server-side installation I have no idea how to do (the site has a tar file however no instructions on how to install it for us n00bs...). I've also looked at Pulseaudio, however from what I can find, nobody has a straightforward solution for Android to play pulseaudio streams as an input..

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

• Thanks for the reply Irusak.

Ah that's disappointing, I see it can be done in XMBC quite easily, shame that Libreelec doesn't allow it.. Ah well.

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "I see it can be done in XMBC quite easily" ???

Your best bet would be to use some UPNP player (or kodi) on android and just push content to it via UPNP.