Boot from USB Question on KII Pro BOx

• Hey...

i have the LE Installation on USB-Stick, plugged in on the Box.

The Box has 4 USB Ports, but if i plug in all Sticks (Data/Movies, etc), the Box boots Android. LE will only come up, when the other Sticks are NOT plugged in.

why is this?

if i want to boot from SDHC, is it possible to clone the Stick to SD and simple boot then from SD?

Maybe this works better from SD.... is SD faster then USB?

Pony

• try it, I use clonezilla, but you need to make sure the target, is at least the same or larger, than the source.

I didn't notice a difference between microsd, & installing to nand, so I doubt it will be noticeable,

• i am using a Mac, maybe i try CarbonCopyCloner at first try.

At any Problems with that, VM with W7 is installed.

But, you think, SD is faster than USB? isnt it the same Bus?

And nand isnt faster as SD/USB?? Then there isnt a Profit, installing LE on nand...

Pony

• But, you think, SD is faster than USB? isnt it the same Bus?

And nand isnt faster as SD/USB?? Then there isnt a Profit, installing LE on nand...

It depends :)

Cheap and slow SD card isn´t faster than fast USB stick

You don´t know how fast is internal card reader

Nand could be fast, but if You own a box with fast internal card reader and use a high performance SD card

Then there isn´t a profit installing LE on nand.

I own boxes with fast internal card reader and I use expensive SD cards(Samsung & Sandisk) - Why should I install LE on nand ? :?:

• Update and Notice for any KII/III Users:

- when booting from USB, the left in top row is the first one. Will only boot LE correct, if other USB-Sticks are plugged in same time, from this. If LE is in a diefferent Port, while other USB Sticks are plugged in, Android comes up.

- there is a HUGE Difference in Performance between USB an SD Slot. Even if you use a fast USB-Stick, SD will be much faster than USB. If SD is plugged in, it ever bootes correct from SD, doesnt matter if other Sticks are plugged in, and where.

If installed on SD (class 10), the Zapping-Time (also with Oscam) are under 2 Seconds.