PVR Client question

• Hi guys,

I have simple PVR Client installed. It's working well but I'd like to know if there's a way of allowing a channel group to be selectable straight from the home menu. As it is - I have to go through Live TV, wait for it to load all channels, then press left then select channel group that I want, then wait for those to load. I've tried clicking the context menu on these channel groups but no menu appears. I'm running an Aeon Nox type skin on various devices (NUC, Pi2 etc)

Could I possibly add a channel group to favourites somewhow to allow me to have that favourite as a home page menu item??

Thanks

• If you're familiar with Kodi keymaps then one thing you can do is map the action "SendClick(28)" in the TVGuide section of your keymap to a remote button of your choosing.

This would mean you need to firstly go into the TV Guide, but from there you can then get to the Channel Groups dialog with a single button press rather than going to the left slide-bar then keying down and selecting the Channel Groups option.

For example, on my machine I have mapped "SendClick(28)" to my remote control's yellow button and it works a treat.

Code
    <TVGuide>
      <remote>
        <!-- Yellow Button -->
        <yellow>SendClick(28)</yellow>
      </remote>
    </TVGuide>

I also have a "Guide" button on my remote which is mapped straight to the TV Guide, so I can get to the channel groups by simply pressing "Guide" followed by "Yellow".

If you haven't used keymaps before then this page should help:

Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki

28 is the ID for a built-in control within the PVR Guide which will take you straight to the channel categories selector. These hidden built-in button ID's aren't so easy to find, but are listed towards the end of the skinning manual:

Skinning Manual - Official Kodi Wiki

Please note that I haven't tried this in anything other than the default Estuary skin so can't promise it will work in Aeon Nox.