TVHeadend42 - no USB devices after reboot

• Hello,

I am running LibreELEC (community): 8.2.1.1 (S905.arm) on Odroid C2 with tvheadend42 server. 2 USB DVB-T2 receivers are connected using an USB hub with external power. After reboot the USB devices remains disconnected. I have to manually pull and plug the USB sticks to have tvheadend to discover them.

What might be the reason? I can live with some code in autostart.sh but I am not experienced in tweaking systemd.

• Well, it worked only once.

tvheadend service does not start because it's waiting for the number of configured USB dvb-t receivers.

Therefore I need to re-init USB from shell. Something comparable to unplug - plug the USB sticks.

How is that be done with systemd? I've digged in the internet how this can be achieved but I may not have used the right search terms.

Summary of the problem:

1. If I remove and plug in the DVB-T USB sticks it works reliable.

2. If I reboot it remains most of the times disconnected.

Help needed (please!)

Edited once, last by jochen02 (December 1, 2017 at 10:29 AM).

• It's on restart. With the most recent built of LibreELEC 8.2 for Odroid C2 tvheadend server seems to be a bit unstabile. I don't be fully sure if this build is to blame therefore I don't raise a bug report for now.

That's the reason for nightly reboots.

I'll try to delay start of tvheadend. What do you suggest? Would 5 Sek. be a good value to start with?

EDIT: Tried it with 5 sec., but wait a few days (and restarts) until reporting success...

Edited once, last by jochen02 (December 1, 2017 at 12:09 PM).

• Hello,

O.k., today I rebooted and found the system without DVB-T2 devices.

Output of dmesg: gQEO

After replugging one of the USB adapters these lines are added: XTYN

It's no special magic reconnecting the USB sticks. Just pull and plug without waiting.

Does that give hints?

Edited once, last by jochen02 (December 2, 2017 at 11:24 AM).

• ... hmm looks like driver error

at S905x not much I can do :/