Help needed for Atric IR-Wakeup-USB

• Hi there,

as I'm new to Libreelec I'm starting right away with questions for support ;)
    I installed this receiver some weeks ago under Kodibuntu. So HW installtion should be OK.
    But I can't get it running under Libreelec.
    I tried according to this manual (see below), but it's not working.
    OpenELEC_Konfiguration.zip
    Lirc was always a closed book to me.
    So ... anyone who could point me in the right direction ?

THX

• Please ssh and execute the following command

Code
    wget -O /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-lircd.rules http://pastebin.com/raw/tmmq279m

you will need your own lircd.conf, you can create one using irrecord or you can copy the one from a working install
    place it in /storage/.config/lircd.conf

then reboot

If that doesn't work I'll need some more information

Code
    lsusb -v | pastebinit
    Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
  • Hi,

the config files should be OK as I used them with kodibuntu.
    Udev seem to work as you see with lsusb

And it is mapped to "/dev/ttyatric" as described in the manual.
    I have the suspicion that the kernelmodule of libirman seems to be the problem as I can't see anything via lsmod and there exists no inputdevice for it.
    Also when I try to load the modul via "insmod" I get the message

Code
    insmod: ERROR: could not insert module libirman.so.0: Invalid module format

I get to the conclusion that I need a recent libirman module.

• is a Iirc driver not a kernel module.

Just because lsusb shows the device doesn't mean that udev is working.

Did you do what I told you to do?

Ok. What do you need? "Pastebinit" doesn't work here. I'm sure the udev rule is OK. Like I said mapping to "/dev/ttyatric/" is working like described. What should I "grep" "dmesg" for ?I can't see anything.

• Maybe I'm getting closer.
    In the Howto there is a "autostart.sh" file to put in "/storage/.config/".
    I did this but libreelec seems to ignore it and lirc is already started from somewhere else. I did not recognize it before because "ps ax | grep lirc" gave me a pretty similar line to what is written in the "autostart.sh".
    But the main difference is that it doesn't use "irman"

Here's autostart.sh to use from the howto

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    killall -9 eventlircd
    killall -9 lircd
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/storage/.config
    RUN_DIR=/var/run/lirc
    if [ ! -d "$RUN_DIR" ]; then
      RUN_DIR=/run/lirc
    fi
    /storage/.config/lircd --driver=irman --device=/dev/ttyatric --uinput --output=$RUN_DIR/lircd --pidfile=$RUN_DIR/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf
    eventlircd --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=$RUN_DIR/lircd --repeat-filter --release=_UP

and thats what "ps ax | grep lirc" gives me

Code
    BlackBox:~ # ps ax | grep lirc
      652 root       0:00 eventlircd --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --repeat-filter --release=_UP
      660 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      665 root       0:13 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      719 root       0:00 grep lirc

I know I should have seen this before ;(

But here#s the question: How can I change the startup command for lirc/eventlircd ?

Any advices ?

Edited once, last by batesman (July 26, 2016 at 8:42 AM).

• Please just do what I told you to do. Don't use anything from that zip file you posted. Remove anything that you added from that zip file.

Only then can I answer more questions.

Ok then.
    I did a fresh and clean install.
    The only things I can see now are the following.

the relevant part of dmesg

Code
    BlackBox:~ # dmesg | grep acm
    [   10.073477] cdc_acm 1-9:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    [   10.074356] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
    [   10.074357] cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

lsusb

Code
    BlackBox:~ # lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    [color=#FF0000]Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04d8:f844 Microchip Technology, Inc.[/color]
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1b1c:1a90 Corsair Flash Voyager GT
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1267:0210 Logic3 / SpectraVideo plc LG Optical Mouse 3D-310
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 20b1:000a XMOS Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Due that there is currently no udev.rule only "ttyACM0" exists

Code
    BlackBox:~ # ls /dev/tty
    tty      tty14    tty20    tty27    tty33    tty4     tty46    tty52    tty59    tty8
    tty0     tty15    tty21    tty28    tty34    tty40    tty47    tty53    tty6     tty9
    tty1     tty16    tty22    tty29    tty35    tty41    tty48    tty54    tty60    [color=#FF0000]ttyACM0[/color]
    tty10    tty17    tty23    tty3     tty36    tty42    tty49    tty55    tty61    ttyS0
    tty11    tty18    tty24    tty30    tty37    tty43    tty5     tty56    tty62    ttyS1
    tty12    tty19    tty25    tty31    tty38    tty44    tty50    tty57    tty63    ttyS2
    tty13    tty2     tty26    tty32    tty39    tty45    tty51    tty58    tty7     ttyS3

A working lircd.conf is placed in "/storage/.config/"

What to do now ?
    How to I manage Libreelec/lirc to use libirman ?
    How do I tell Libreelec to use the "ttyACM0" interface ?

• Hi there,

thanks for your efforts.
    But it's running now.
    Problem was that the manufacturer of the atric device made a manual for OpenElec and attached some files to use. That included a modified lircd and its

Code
    "libirman.so.0".
    When you look at the autostart.sh above it tries to start that modified lircd in "/storage/.config". If you remove that part of the autostart.sh and use the Openelec/Librelec builtin lircd everything is fine (at least for now).
  • OK OK.
    You where right about your "udev.rules"
    I didn't check whats in that file. And with that "autostart.sh" provided by the manufacturer it didn't work because it seems to overwrite your stuff.
    I now deactivated the my running udev rule (what only mapped the device) and the modified "autostart.sh".
    With your one its running now. You still need, of course, an according lircd.conf.
    So I think its usable.

BTW: Why isn't it included by default ?

THX

• Hello,

I'd like to hook in with a question.
    I came from OE5 where I followed the instructions from Atric and installed their files from the zip archive.
    Afterwards I transferred to LE.

When I am gonna upgrade to the new LE version, will this automatically fix things or do I still have some left-overs from OE in the system that I need to purge manually? --- Right now, my situation is that my remote is only partially working. Some keys (e.g. the BACK button) do not work, which makes navigating basically impossible.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

• Hi,

that will depend if you have learned the atric controler with al buttons you have and if you have mapped them correct. When the Hw works, the rest is only defining of buttons

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

• Hello again,

I have to ask again since I am a bit lost on this topic.
    1) When I first installed OpenELEC 2 years ago, my MCE profile of the harmony remote was working immediately when I actived an "imon MCE" plugin. I did not have to create a lirc.conf file manually.
    2) When I upgraded to early OE6 builds, function of a few nagivation keys was lost, but the majority was still working. And a downgrade brought the missing buttons back.
    3) Afterwards migrating to LibreELEC because I had the hope that this flaw would be fixed with a bit more development momentum.
    4) I did a hard reset of LE v7.90.005 yesterday and again activated this said plugin. And again, a lot of keys are working.

Long story short:
    Is it worth ivestigating why the remote button broke with the update of the plugin?
    Or was it anyways pure coincidence that the remote worked flawlessly back in the days, and I should not waste time on this topic?

Could anyone please recommend what I should do?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Marcus