N3150 4k

• Hi I’ve done a quick search and can’t find find the answer I need

I’ve built a htpc using the N3150 and recently upgraded my tv and receiver to 4K but can’t see the 4K resolution in the display options, am I missing something really obvious to make this happen

• Hi!

The N3150 is limited to HDMI 1.4, meaning you can't do 4K @ 60hz. HDMI 1.4 is limited to 4K @ 30Hz or 1080p @ 60Hz.

I don't know about the Intel iGPU, but with Nvidia you could do 4k60 with YCbCr 4:2:0, giving you a more limited colorspace but at least 4k @ 60Hz.

• You should see a 4k option (3840 x 2160 or similar). I have a N3060 processor in an MSI Cubi mini-PC and I get this option if I plug it into my LG 4k TV. As noted above, you'll only be able to play 4k at up to 30Hz frame rate, but it does work for compatible video content. Photos are awesome. If I go through my AV receiver I only see 1920 x 1080 as the highest resolution option, but that it because my receiver cannot handle 4k on its HDMI ports.

• Most cables will work with 4k30p content in my experience unless they are quite long. 4k60p requires Premium Certified cables (in theory) due to the much higher data rates. I would not jump to spending a load of money - I've used budget cables up to a couple of metres without issues.