[SOLVED] Dropped frames caused by subtitle rendering

• Read warning in #1. Using libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver this issue is unable to fix. If you want to use LE for S912 you have to tolerate subtitle stuttering.

kindly upload or link that version in which subtitles stuttering issue resolved for S905X box?

• I'm no developer and I don't wan't to tell you guys how to do the coding but isn't it possible to just pass the subtitle to the CPU for software rendering ? 8 cores should be enough for that I guess.

• I'm no developer and I don't wan't to tell you guys how to do the coding but isn't it possible to just pass the subtitle to the CPU for software rendering ? 8 cores should be enough for that I guess.

CPU is responsible for everything and no, you can't just shift lines of codes to GPU or CPU. It doesn't work like that.

Patience. I'm sure it will be resolved sooner or later.

CPU does process subtitles but they have to be rendered somehow and it's always a task for the GPU.

• I have exactly the same problem on my (S912) Minix NEO U9-H with subtitles. It's pretty annoying. ?(

If I can help somehow to fix this bug, let me know. (Logging, Testing, anything...)

• For now there is only solution replace S912 box with S905 box.

Would an S905(x) work too ? Or is the issue only fixed for S905 ? The thing is that I need HDR and if I'm not mistaken I need at least an S905(x) for that. Can you please answer that so I can start digging for a specific model.

Thank you

Edited once, last by avirex (November 30, 2017 at 10:14 PM).

• For now there is only solution replace S912 box with S905 box.

I'm seriously considering this too, I bought the U9 because it had it all (autoswitch 1080p 4K, HDR, Atmos passthrough, Gigabit Ethernet).

I don't have a 4K HDR tv yet but I've just got an atmos receiver.. so for now the only thing I really need is passthrough of atmos, dts:x but I wanted a future proof box. I guess I'll just be patient. Dont think any other box has it all...

I will submit a log later or tomorrow.. I find very strange that PGS subtitles don't have this issue.. Maybe I will help..

• S905/S905X, which I have, do not exhibit any issues, when passing through Atmos 7.1 and DTS:X audio... /shrug

I haven't noticed any frame drops with text subtitles, 4K content runs smoothly (depending on the source type),

and inputstream depending addons (Amazon/Netflix) also run fine (top quality 720p).

So, the statement, that S905/S905X boxes are recommended for LE as "all-in-one" capable, against S912,

remains valid still.

At least - this is my conclusion, based on personal experience, so far... :)

• ChimeyJimmy. which devolper (Adamg, Kszaq) builds you are using in S905X box?kindly name the build which u are using.

• Nothing special in my setup,

except:

1. Hardware decoding for everything, always, apart from Amazon/Netflix.
    2. CPU governor is set to "performance". My boxes are "cooling modded", neatly inside the chassis.
    3. No synchronization of frames to display rate and etc.
  • Nothing special in my setup,

except:

1. Hardware decoding for everything, always, apart from Amazon/Netflix.
    2. CPU governor is set to "performance". My boxes are "cooling modded", neatly inside the chassis.
    3. No synchronization of frames to display rate and etc.

my box is already cooling modded I install two heat sink Soc chip and one heatsink on gpu( raspberry pi 3 heat sink) because I have nexbox S905X which is badly heated to 70 to 75 c after this alternation my box’s temperature is become between 50 to 60c.

Edited once, last by rajawaqas (December 1, 2017 at 11:03 AM).

• Would you, please, be able to elaborate on GPU chip, on which you've expicitly installed a dedicated heatsink?

I'm very curious to see that.

I m uploading picture of sample of my box’s pic. My box name is nexbox S905X. I purchase 3 piece of raspberry pi 3 hearsink with thermal pad and stick it( with thermal pad) on Amlogic

Processor heatsink (combine and joint 2 heat sink together) and remaing 2 heat sink paste with thermal pad on two chips (which u can see on pic which I upload along side with Amlogic processor) .sorry for bad English and late reply.