SMB not working after wake, and harmony remote double clicking?

• Hi

I am running latest release of OE (8.2)

Since upgrade to the initial OE 8.2 BETA i have two issues

1) My NUC typically sleeps when i am done, i use harmony to wake it, my PJ and AVR, i have a weird issue where by my movies dont work for about 5 - 10 minutes, they say the files dont exist, and if i navigate my file shares it wont connect. If i wait 5 or so minutes it just works!

2) I use a logitech harmony hub to control all my devices in my HT, using the left and right / up down buttons its like it double presses, eg if i hit across, it goes across two movies at once, a reboot usually fixes this, the remote dosnt do this on anything else (xb1, BR player or anything)

Seems related to wake/sleep perhaps?

thanks in advance.

• this is the Libreelec forum

2. Go into the Libreelec configuration & turn off LIRC

1. if you are running a nas, sounds like drives are hibernating, I don't know the solution

with the newest versions, there have been changes to SAMBA read the release notes.

I use NFS from my synology

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (November 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM).

• this is the Libreelec forum

2. Go into the Libreelec configuration & turn off LIRC

1. if you are running a nas, sounds like drives are hibernating, I don't know the solution

with the newest versions, there have been changes to SAMBA read the release notes.

I use NFS from my synology

Thanks - well aware of the forum, I'm using Libreelec, the issue started with Librelec update hence my post here

Ill turn off LIRC and try

Ill give NFS a go, but i am using SMBv2 and drives do not sleep - i did see this issue back in days of my openelec install, connecting to windows server

Definitely not hibernation as drives are set not to do so

• Thanks - well aware of the forum, I'm using Libreelec, the issue started with Librelec update hence my post here

Ill turn off LIRC and try

Ill give NFS a go, but i am using SMBv2 and drives do not sleep - i did see this issue back in days of my openelec install, connecting to windows server

Definitely not hibernation as drives are set not to do so

In your original post, you said OE 8.2

Anyway, there are several posts about smb

Can't browse SMB shares on Krypton version

• My apologies (must have had it on the brain!)

Turning off lirc appeared to resolve my issue with the remote, ill do some reading on the SMB from your link, thanks again :)

• My apologies (must have had it on the brain!)

Turning off lirc appeared to resolve my issue with the remote, ill do some reading on the SMB from your link, thanks again :)

It doesn't appear to have resovled the issue for me.. it's weird.. i can't track down exactly when the problem occurs..

i think it's when i switch inputs on the TV and then go back to the input for LibreElec.. but it doesn't do it all the time..

I've checked and LIRC is off still.. i have to reboot to get it to behave again.