Duplicate movie titles

• Running LibreElect 8.2.0 The Linux OS is Generic x86_64

Most but not all movie file names are duplicated, a number are triplicated and a few are listed four times as well as their poster art. I have checked the actual file locations, there are no duplicates and these are not movie sets. I saw where someone else had this issue a few years back and it was suggested to "clean the library". I tried doing that without any change.

Otherwise everything works great.

Any suggestions are appreciated

• Duplicates either mean video files with each a different file extension, or video files with each a difference in their file path. The latter can be anything from changes in uppercase/lowercase, spaces in paths, or a different file protocol (SMB, NFS, etc). Also creating more than video source linking to the same files location can end up in duplicate video entries.

As a last resort: do a Video Library Export via separate files, creating a backup. Also clean up your sources.xml file for any unnecessary stuff. Then make a backup of your current video library (copy file or mysqldump), delete the video library (file), restart Kodi, set up your video source(s), and import your video collection.

• Thank you for your detailed reply, being a noob It will take me a while to research to fully understand the content of your reply.

After reading your post I should add more information that may help better understand my environment.

LibreElec is on its own separate drive. Before installing libreelec, I had content on multiple small storage drives. After Kodi was operational I transferred the content from various drives onto two new large drives, this was done using a different computer, and then installed the new drives on the libreelec box.

One Question:

Will physically disconnecting both content drives and deleting my current libraries be exactly the same as a fresh install of libreelec without any content?

If Yes, then if I only reconnect a single content drive, create a movie library, only one of two things should happen, either duplicates or no duplicates. If duplicates then I would concentrate on identifying what is causing duplicates on the single drive. Does this make sense in trying to track down what's causing the problem?