RPI audio stuttering.

• Hello, I am having audio drop issues on some videos. Generally they are SD quality videos. and as best as i can tell the only difference between one that works for me and one that doesn't is a 24hz video plays fine, and all my 30hz videos have intermittent audio drops every 10 seconds or so.

I have gone through as many settings as I can find from

Passthrough on/off

audio resampling on/off

Sync playback to display on/off

different HW acceleration types.

different types of blending.

I cannot get the bloody audio to play properly and am all out of ideas.

• I had this problem on the Pi, frustrating as anything, and eventually diagnosed it to my VPN addon checking the connection during playback - it was running a system command to see if an executable was running causing the brief stutter. I'd been running like this for months previously with no issues. But maybe some scheduling has changed or newer versions of Kodi are generally more busy.

Even if you're not running my VPN addon, try disabling all other addons (particularly services) and see if you get the same problem. If you don't you can enable them one by one to find the problematic one.

• There is no crystal ball here, and hiccups can be caused by lots of things. Start with providing a kodi.log file, via SSH would be the simplest/fastest way:

paste ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

and share the URL here.

• both of these files cause the audio mute. (audio cuts for a second multiple times a minute)

i find its generally with SD content.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.