LE 8.2 Generic/RPi2 with cryptsetup for luks, truecrypt, veracrypt

• new thread for my builds

LE 8.2.5 with UHD 630 / Coffee Lake support and luks, lvm2, dm-raid

Hello,

Just download it here from my LibreELEC share:

HiDrive

You will also find my keymap there. This one i rewrote over the last months to fit my needs with Harmony Elite unsing FLIRC and Bluetooth (to get away from RC6 IR).

I build this in the last weeks to move on from OE 5.0 with truecrypt. My build is as close as possible to LE 8.2.

what was added:

- 2 hooks for the boot process

/flash/post-flash.sh (if exist) after flash mount

/storage/.config/post-update.sh (if exist) after update check

- busybox +sha3 +base64 +stty for some scripts i need this

- kernel config for cryptsetup, md raid, lvm2 only for Generic/RPi2

- package cryptsetup

- package lvm2

- package mdadm

- kernel commandline parsing for SYSTEM_TORAM_LIMIT to get SYSTEM loadad to RAM on RPi2 with "SYSTEM_TORAM_LIMIT=680000" in /flash/cmdline.txt

some of the cryptsetup, lvm2 and kernel config was taken from LE 8 Remix git and slightly changed.

found here

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

features tested:

- truecrypt with "cryptsetup open --type tcrypt /dev/sda6 tcrypt-sda6 ; mount /dev/mapper/tcrypt-sda6 <your mountpoint>" created on OE 5.0 with truecrypt

- veracrypt with "cryptsetup open --veracrypt --type tcrypt /dev/sdb6 vcrypt-sdb6 ; mount.exfat /dev/mapper/vcrypt-sdb6 <your mountpoint>" created on Windows 10 with veracypt and formated as exfat

- cryptsetup luks i used to create and mount encrypted userdata

features not testet:

- cryptsetup with loopaes

- lvm2

- mdadm

I also build a version with kernel 4.13.11, where i take the config from libreelec master and disabled all what looked like debugging features. For that to build i needed to update media_build and RTL8812AU from master. Then i added intel_nuc_led from le git master. This one i build for testing the latest NUC7i3DNKE. I hope in the next weeks i will get one for testing. In the release notes of LE 8.2 i read about problems with new NUCs an bitsream audio and patches for 4.13 where it hopefully will be fixed.

Have Fun

Peter

Edited 4 times, last by sky42 (May 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM).

• update for 8.2.1 (download link is in 1st post)

all added features: dm-crypt, cryptsetup (luks, veracrypt, truecrypt), md raid, lvm2, mkv ordered chapters and segment linking playback

version 8.2.1-1.42 with kernel 4.11.12 as the original 8.2.1 release

version 8.2.1-5.42 with kernel 4.13.16 is now with LSPCon fix from 98797 – [BXT/KBL] - HDMI - HD audio passthrough dont work and updated media_build

version 8.2.1-7.42 with kernel 4.14.4 has already the LSPCon fix and shows all frequencies you need on MC2800 in NUC6CAYH, NUC7ixBN, NUC7ixDN and BeeBox-S with Kaby Lake

mkv ordered chapter mode and segment linking patch from Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking? and you find this in files with the mkv-Xin1-SL extension of the file name. I shortly testet it with Xin1 versions from Alien. Segment linking is untestetd. The RPi2 version does not build *sorry*. Read the original post in the Kodi forum for instructions how to use.

I use the 8.2.1-7.42-kernel-4.14.4_mkv-Xin1-SL at the moment with a D34010WYK and BeeBox-S i3-7100.

Edited 3 times, last by sky42 (December 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM).