[CRASHES] LE 7.90.003 (X86_64)

• Running build LE 7.90.003 (X86_64) since it came out and it runs pretty good except that it crashes once in a while.
    I can't reproduce it but if it happens it's when we are watching LiveTV using TVHeadend after several hours.

I tried to gather some logs and information that could be useful:

woonkamer:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
    gLBb
    woonkamer:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
    NZYC
    woonkamer:~ # systemctl status | pastebinit
    LVLD
    woonkamer:~ #

Also the last part of kodi.log.old (content was to big to pastebin it):
    15:58:21 T:139638228408064 NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue::GetLevel() - can't determi - Pastebin.com

/edit:
    Tomorow i'm going to run LE with debug always enabled hoping it would give me some more information.

Edited once, last by schumi2004 (July 21, 2016 at 7:48 PM).

• It just crashed again (when watching LiveTV) but can't seem to find anything in debug log.
    Maybe someone else with more knowledge can find something?
    I did see some out of memory messages but that doesn't make sense in my opinion since there should be enough of it.
    Note: This also never happend when i was on build LE 7.90.002 (X86_64)!!!

last piece of kodi.old.log 10:30:06 T:140615404844800 DEBUG: RunQuery took 9 ms for 1 items query: select - Pastebin.com
    kodi.log 10:46:58 T:140086615926848 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://m - Pastebin.com
    woonkamer:~/.kodi/temp # journalctl -a | pastebinit
    UYHI
    woonkamer:~/.kodi/temp # dmesg | pastebinit
    gGYj
    woonkamer:~/.kodi/temp # systemctl status | pastebinit
    UAFE
    [hr]
    Does anyone still have the v7.90.002 builds for both RPi2 and x86_64?

Edited once, last by schumi2004 (July 22, 2016 at 10:29 AM).

• I have the same issue ... LibreELEC
    running alpha 03 (btw same with all the latest millhouse builds) on an AMD e350/Zacate platform -
    when watching TV, kodi is eating up memory around 10MB per minute ...

- backend does not make a difference; happens when using tvheadend or mediaportal backend;
    - neither using tvheadend on libreelec machine changes anything: same effect

after 2-3 hours system crashes - reproducable ...

so should be something related to AMD GPU?, driver? ???

• AMD e350 also but hard to reproduce. Sometimes it's within 1 hour other time I can watch whole day or more. But always with LiveTV using TVHeadend

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• ... and here's a crashlog from last Monday ...
    based on Milhouse : LibreELEC devel-20160724223031-#0724-geb89f33

dReE

The reason for that crash is due to a patch included in the #0724 build (and since removed). Please don't confuse this thread with details from my builds - they are quite different to 7.90.xxx. Crashes or problems with my builds should only be reported in the relevant Kodi forum test builds thread.

• still leaking with v7.90.004 ALPHA - eats roundabout 1GB per hour ...
    changing Hardware to AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 did not make any change;
    same for clean install of v7.90.004 ALPHA and use of backend TV (mediaportal server);
    LE crashes/reboots after 2,5-3 hours when all memory is eaten up ...

annoying!

• Noticed the same thing here when I upgraded to. 004 last night.
    No crashlogs just a stalled environment that needs a hard reset.

What could be the cause of this?
    A driver related to AMD that has been upgraded? I searched tru the commits to find a commit related to AMD that I would like to revert but couldn't find it.

Any tips?

• No crashlog, Kodi stalls and after a minut or 5 it is back to main screen.

LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.90.004
    woonkamer:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
    QZUQ
    woonkamer:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
    RHfK
    woonkamer:~ # systemctl status | pastebinit
    VASb
    woonkamer:~ #

• still leaking with v7.90.004 ALPHA - eats roundabout 1GB per hour ...
    changing Hardware to AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 did not make any change;
    same for clean install of v7.90.004 ALPHA and use of backend TV (mediaportal server);
    LE crashes/reboots after 2,5-3 hours when all memory is eaten up ...

annoying!

same issue on all alphas for me. memory is eaten up after about 2 hours, video stutters and kodi restarts. kodi crashes even faster the more videos i watch, for instance youtube videos.

PC: AMD Athlon X2, Radeon 5450 (plus Nvidia 8300 onboard)

• Version v7.90.002 is the most stable for me. If it crashes or have issues it's once or twice a week instead after a few hours with recent builds.

same for me -
    v7.90.002 is the last one that does NOT eat up memory ...

currently i'm on LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160824005445-#0823-g4b4d04e
    still the same: 2-3 hours till reboot

• schumi2004 you're triggering a memory leak that results in kodi.bin being killed by the out of memory process killer, do you know the steps to reproduce this? Are you able top reproduce with my latest test build (although these builds have a separate bug - introducd in build #0806 and not in 7.90.004 - that triggers OOM when seeking in ts files)

• schumi2004 you're triggering a memory leak that results in kodi.bin being killed by the out of memory process killer, do you know the steps to reproduce this? Are you able top reproduce with my latest test build (although these builds have a separate bug - introducd in build #0806 and not in 7.90.004 - that triggers OOM when seeking in ts files)

Only way to reproduce is to let a LiveTV stream play continuously, just start a channel and wait. Eventually it crashes/stalles.