Boot problems trying to get old inphic i5 working (s805)

• BACKGROUND:

My neighbour gave me an old inphic spot i5 running an ancient custom build of android. This is a totally unsupported and pretty unknown device. I know it has an Amlogic s805 inside. All OEM images no longer exist on the internet (lord knows I've checked) so I figured that I might be able to boot it with another s805 image.

I wanted to try getting it up to date, but it was totally locked down, but I was able to use a m201 OTA update, as well as side loading superSU, but I want to flash libreelec into it - something that is proving challenging.

NOW:

After much trial and error I have gotten libreelec copied onto a microSD and sitting inside the box

the images I used were the s805 ones from this thread Linux for Amlogic S805 - FreakTab.com

I boot into it, and I get the message

Code
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

I've seen other threads where the name of the partition was wrong, but in this case it's called LIBREELEC.

Please help

• Thanks for the reply

Just tried all 3 images from your post, same issue, but now it says "could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1" instead of "LABEL=LIBREELEC"

Edit: when I do ls /dev there are devices called mmcblk0, mmcblk0boot0 and mmcblkboot1 but I'm not sure if those are relevant :/

Edit 2: I'm using the .img and the libreelec copy tool for Mac to copy to a Lexar 32GB class 10 micro SDHC

Edited 3 times, last by Plasma_000 (November 2, 2017 at 8:22 AM).

• Is it just not detecting the system partition? because the terminal shows various other files from within the boot partition.

Also, is there a way to make it boot from a USB stick from the terminal? I don't have any smaller microSDs, but I do have a 4GB USB stick that I could try if I could figure out how to get it to boot from USB. (The onboard bootloader installed into the device already seems to be refusing to boot from USB)

• It looks like it's not detecting SD card at all, if it was, you would see /dev/mmcblk0p1 and /dev/mmcblk0p2. The 2 other partitions you mentioned /dev/mmcblk0boot0 are internal eMMC partitions.

Also, is there a way to make it boot from a USB stick from the terminal?

Look up USB drive partitions, e.g. /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2, then

Code
    mount /dev/sda1 /flash
    mount /dev/sda2 /storage

and the last command is something I don't remember now... :angel:

• I am also trying to get this box to boot from an sdcard trying to use Libreelec/Alexelec

I have the box opened and have found the uboot/reset button, and have the power out of the box, and the iso sdcard inserted.

I push down the reset button, hold it, and then add power, releasing the reset button, simultaneously, but the box just boots up to its normal menu.

Can someone explain what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you

• Official Post

Count to somewhere between 3 and 8 seconds (depending on the box) before releasing the reset button. If you power on and release the button at the same time, u-boot hasn't reached the point in the boot process where the button release is seen; so it will just continue to boot normally.