Problem from Update

• I had been using (I believe) 8.01 with very great success. I have been loving it...works great for me. I decided to install the update. I selected 8.20 (I believe). After that, it booted up, but after a few seconds, the screen starts flashing, and then the TV no longer detects the input after a short time. I am using an Intel NUC BOXNUC7I5BNH. I did a bit of searching, and noticed that there was a problem from video drivers. So, I copied the file posted for a version that was supposed to support the previous video driver into the update folder, turned the machine off, and then turned it back on. It seems to be doing the same thing. What can I do? Ideally, I would prefer not to lose all my configurations. Thanks in advance.

• Thank you. I became too impatient, though, and just redid the whole thing. It was still happening after that, though not as much. At least I was able to get into settings this time and fix it. The actual problem was the refresh rate it was trying to use, possibly in conjunction with something else also since it wasn't doing it as badly after the clean install. Apparently, the TV can't handle the 60 setting that had become default. The problem became less pronounced the next couple settings down also. 30 seems to be the sweet spot to "fix" it, for me anyway. I think the older version of Kodi had an "Auto" setting, which is what it was on, and worked...but it seems there is no auto setting now, and it defaulted to a high setting.

• UPDATE2: I think I finally have it now. Not sure how it came back last time, but I redid it again, and have rebooted many times now to test it (at every stage of applying my settings and such back in place), and it seems to be working this time. Fingers crossed.