Posts by Mystik

I have a 4K TV. When I am sitti g in my recliner, I can't make out anything in Chrome. I can go to settings and adjust the page zoom to 300%. This solves the actual pages, but the tabs, URL field, and especially the mouse pointer are unreadable. The mouse pointer is like a microscopic nat! :) How can I make these things bigger so that its usable, without giving up the 4K quality for videos? Thanks much in advance!

I had LibreElec on this same hardware before...not that long ago. I switched back to Windows 10 with Kodi installed for a while due to some network trouble that had popped up. Yet, today I decided I would give it another shot. So, I created a USB with the latest version, and tried to boot from it. It loads up the installer fine, but when I select to actually install it, it says "No devices were found". Seems it is not finding the Intel NUC's M.2 Internal SSD. Yet, like I said...it did before. Is it a problem with the latest version? Should I redo the USB with the previous?

UPDATE2: I think I finally have it now. Not sure how it came back last time, but I redid it again, and have rebooted many times now to test it (at every stage of applying my settings and such back in place), and it seems to be working this time. Fingers crossed.

I had this all setup and working great. But, two things happened. I updated LibreElec and my FlexRAID server rebooted unexpectedly for an unknown reason.

So.... I have everything seemingly working in LibreElec now except for local network access. I go to add a Source and select "Windows network (SMB)", but the list is empty. I am using Windows 7 x64 as the server PC. I did go into LibreElec settings and enable SMB1 as the minimum protocol, even though it seems like newer versions should work. I even tried entering a username and password to no avail. Of course, I checked on the Windows side and ensured the folders are shared. If I install an NFS server on the Windows PC, that seems to work fine, though it seems to be slower than the Windows setup was before all this went down...and plus, I would rather not depend on another element if possible. Anyone have a thought on what's going on here by chance? Thanks much in advance.

Thank you. I became too impatient, though, and just redid the whole thing. It was still happening after that, though not as much. At least I was able to get into settings this time and fix it. The actual problem was the refresh rate it was trying to use, possibly in conjunction with something else also since it wasn't doing it as badly after the clean install. Apparently, the TV can't handle the 60 setting that had become default. The problem became less pronounced the next couple settings down also. 30 seems to be the sweet spot to "fix" it, for me anyway. I think the older version of Kodi had an "Auto" setting, which is what it was on, and worked...but it seems there is no auto setting now, and it defaulted to a high setting.

I had been using (I believe) 8.01 with very great success. I have been loving it...works great for me. I decided to install the update. I selected 8.20 (I believe). After that, it booted up, but after a few seconds, the screen starts flashing, and then the TV no longer detects the input after a short time. I am using an Intel NUC BOXNUC7I5BNH. I did a bit of searching, and noticed that there was a problem from video drivers. So, I copied the file posted for a version that was supposed to support the previous video driver into the update folder, turned the machine off, and then turned it back on. It seems to be doing the same thing. What can I do? Ideally, I would prefer not to lose all my configurations. Thanks in advance.