docker/nextcloud: too many redirects

• Hello,

I tried to install/config nextcloud on tvheadend 8.2 (odroid C2).

Installation of docker and nextcloud workd without visable errors. If I try to log in to nextcloud I am asked to create an admin account and data storage. If I go further (assuming finish the config) I get the error message ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. It's on URL https://[server]/index.php/apps/files/

I did not change anything of the configuration. Data storage resides below user_data.

What's the problem here?

Thank you in advance for helpful hints.

Edited once, last by jochen02: URL changed (October 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM).

• I just set up a fresh instance on a chromebox running LE 8.2 and after setting up with an sqlite database, I have no issues logging in and using it.

Can you provide more info?

Which LE distribution? X86? Arm?

Are you using the LE box's IP address to access, or a domain name forwarded?

Check the nginx logs under the config folder, both access and error and they might tell you what's wrong.

• It's LE 8.2 on an Odroid C2 (arm).

The host/domain from within my home network. Names resolved by own DNS.

I just tried to access using the IP -- it works! I'll check with my DNS if the host is CNAME.

Thank you for the hints. They put me on the right track.

Edited once, last by jochen02 (November 2, 2017 at 1:03 PM).

• It has not been a persistant solution.

Now, the problem occurs when using host, fqdn or IP.

The host is resolved correctly (with or without domain) and in both directions. I didn't try it from within the docker container cause I don't have a shell in the container.

Edited once, last by jochen02: Typo (November 2, 2017 at 6:48 PM).

• Meanwhile I removed the container and it's configuration data. Then I reinstalled nextcloud and it works.

Don't know what happened.. Maybe something odd in the configuration.