nuc6cayh

• i received my new nuc6cayh today to replace my old dn2820fyk. and its a bit of a let down. first of all the custom edid does not work if my avr is set to another source i get no picture. i used the getedid on the old one and this worked great.

secondly the audio is all kinds of messed up some boots it works fine some boots it does not. dd and dts pass through ok when its working but aac5.1 only plays as 2 channel pcm even though the speaker settings are set for 5.1. where as in the old one would output 5.1pcm

all this worked perfectly on the dn2820fyk and not so much on the new one

• when i run xrandr i get 'Output DP1 is not disconnected but has no modes' this turns in to a bit of a show stopper and stops the nuc booting all the way in to libreelec until the amp is switched to the correct source for the nuc. this is after using the getedid create command.

• Have the same Nuc and No problems. Works flawlessly. Maybe fresh install of 8.2.0?

nope still does not work as expected. its the edid i'm having the most problems with. if i boot the nuc with the tv on and my avr on the correct source all is well i get this;

if i have the avr on a different source i get this:

Code
    wrong source
    LibreELEC:~ # xrandr
    xrandr: Output DP1 is not disconnected but has no modes
    Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 8 x 8, maximum 32767 x 32767
    DP1 connected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

then when i switch to the correct source i get this along with no image or sound;

• i have tried re running the getedid command still no dice, tried manually copying the files no better, i tried to copy the files from my old nuc as i thought the new one may not be reading the edid correctly still no better. i even connected the nuc to the tv directly and tried with just the tv edid data no better. no matter what i try my amp refuse to acknowledge there is something connected to unless its on the correct source when powering up the new nuc. and xrandr reports 'Output DP1 is not disconnected but has no modes'

Code
    grep -i edid /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [1763340.850] Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init usbcore.autosuspend=-1 BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=DP-1:edid/edid.bin video=DP-1:D
    [1763341.171] (II) intel(0): EDID vendor "SNY", prod id 37633
    [1763341.171] (II) intel(0): Using EDID range info for horizontal sync
    [1763341.171] (II) intel(0): Using EDID range info for vertical refresh

does this mean its loading the edid?

UbiZ is the output from dmsg

looking for some advice on what to try next

• Have you updated the NUC bios to the latest version?

Can you perhaps do a test with the NUC connected directly to your TV?

If so, please enable debugging and provide the kodi.log of that test session via SSH: paste ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Just to see if the AVR is a problem with the 8.2.0 build.

• i have the latest bios and also the updated firmware for the hdmi adaptor chip, i have tested with it directly connected to the tv on 2 different tv's and unless the tv is switched on and on the correct hdmi port i get no display and xrandr reports the same message that 'DP1 is not disconnected but has no modes'

i have tried the 8.2.0 build and the previous one 8.1.2

OIJb

• ok slight progress sort of. If i go back to 8.0.2 i get display but no sound if the amp is on the wrong hdmi port. edaW

if i go to 8.1.0 or upwards i get no sound or and display if the amp is set to the wrong hdmi port: OeXD

Code
    [1788863.782] (II) intel(0): Output DP1 has no monitor section
    [1788863.782] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP1
    [1788863.782] (II) intel(0): Output DP2 has no monitor section
    [1788863.782] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP2
    [1788863.783] (--) intel(0): Using a maximum size of 256x256 for hardware cursors
    [1788863.783] (II) intel(0): Output VIRTUAL1 has no monitor section
    [1788863.783] (II) intel(0): Enabled output VIRTUAL1
    [1788863.783] (**) intel(0): TearFree disabled

it appears its be not turning the display on unless it sees a hdmi connected

8.1.2 with amp on correct source: PNXF

Code
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Output DP1 has no monitor section
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP1
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Output DP2 has no monitor section
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP2
    [1789537.814] (--) intel(0): Using a maximum size of 256x256 for hardware cursors
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Output VIRTUAL1 has no monitor section
    [1789537.814] (II) intel(0): Enabled output VIRTUAL1
    [1789537.814] (--) intel(0): Output DP1 using initial mode 1920x1080 on pipe 0
    [1789537.814] (**) intel(0): TearFree disabled
    Code
    Output DP1 using initial mode 1920x1080 on pipe 0

so how can i make it force the output when no hdmi is connected?

Edited once, last by grom_e30 (October 30, 2017 at 12:43 AM).

• 8.0.2 , 8.1.0 , 8.1.1 , 8.1.2 & 8.2.0 non of them work as expected, they all have issues with display and sound of some sorts. 8.2.0 seems the most reliable but you have to make sure the tv & avr are powered on and on the correct hdmi input for it to work there is no sound in the kodi gui for some reason though and also dolby true hd passthrough does not work but i was expecting that problem.

all in all a bit of a let down really, i have since packed the nuc6cayh back in to the box and am now using it as a paperweight, and have gone back to using my old dn2820fykh as it works exactly as expected.

The message contains censored words: we*ght??

• well it works as expected under windows, dolby true hd passthrough works as well (i can live without this for the time being), and it does not matter what is turned on first in the chain nuc, amp tv... switch to the correct source and i have picture and audio no matter what. So this is specifically a Libreelec problem not hardware so how do we go about getting this working on Libreelec?????

im not even trying to ask for the hard stuff ( hd pass through, hdr, 4k ect) i just want 1080 and dd / dts with the custom edid working

• its not always convenient to do that. for instance i want to power on the device to access its smb shares and the other half is watching tv i can hardly change the hdmi input mid stream. The fact is something that should work is not working and i'm asking for help and advice to get it working correctly. If i forget to change the source first it means i get no output on the display at all and means i have to ssh in to reboot the device.

• Over time lots of people who were working in the Intel driver team either moved on to other things inside Intel or moved on from Intel. There were some layoffs too. The net result is the Intel driver team are ~10% of their former strength and while the chipsets are fine as "it works on Windows" we see persistent issues with Intel Linux driver quality and performance. Ho hum..

• as a work around for the pass through issues i have turned off all formats except DD and DTS and set the number of channels to 5.1 that way DD + and other formats that cannot be passed on get sent out as 5.1 pcm and i still get sound works for aac 5.1 as well. i did try some build's with the pass through patches and found that they only work if 'Adjust display refresh rate' was set to off. i'm just hoping the display & audio drivers get sorted so custom edid and passthrough works properly in the future as this does make a fairly good kodi box.