how to upgrade libreelec from usb stick ?

• Hello everyone

Can you tell me if there is a way to upgrade from one version of Libreelec to another by storing the compressed img file into usb stick not by storing it on /storage/.update. ( maybe by modifying some script ?? ) . The idea is to store the img on usb stick reboot the box and after that install it to nand as it is when we store images on /storage/.update ( without wasting any space on the nand for the compressed file ).

Thank you

• you are not storing the img file in the update folder. If you check the update folder after updating, it will be empty.

During reboot, the img gets decompressed, & I assume it overwrites older & changed files. I don't think it takes up very much more space.

I keep updating, & I haven't noticed any loss of space.

If you are really worried, just run Libreelec from a larger sd or usb. Although there might be a noticeable difference in speed compared to installing on nand

• An update overwrites the 2 files in the system partition. Files in the storage partition remain untouched, unless the newly installed LibreELEC version has mandatory updates in config files wherever necessary.