Brand new libreelec install, cannot ping SMB share server

• OK so I have an external drive connected to my main machine running windows 7. This drive has got all of my files on it. I just installed libreelec brand new on an AMD APU based system. I am using a USB wifi card, which libreelec detects and I can connect to my wireless network. I also have another machine running ubuntu 16.04 from which I have created a small samba share just to test things.

IP address of the windows 7 machine: 192.168.1.6

IP address of the LibreElec box: 192.168.1.8

IP address of the ubuntu server with the small SMB share: 192.168.1.14

Now, I cannot ssh directly to the LibreElec box from the windows 7 machine. I have to go to the ubuntu machine first as an intermediary. Pinging 192.168.1.6 from 192.168.1.14 works, and I can ssh to .8 from .14 but not from .6. The SMB share from .14 is visible and works fine in libreelec and I have changed the settings to allow SMB1. I am running v 8.1.2 of LibreElec.

The windows server has a user created with a simple username and password that I set up to be able to access the SMB shares. I would guess that was the problem except that it appears that no network traffic is possible between the two boxes. What gives?

Edited once, last by blm14 (October 14, 2017 at 10:29 PM).

• Check the SMB (Samba) version that Windows 7 uses, it's probably still v1. In the aftermath of the worldwide WannaCry plague, Kodi/LibreELEC now defaults to SMBv2. Pinging should still work, though.

Now, I cannot ssh directly to the LibreElec box from the windows 7 machine

Perhaps the Windows firewall is blocking something new?